Tikka 223 Magazine - Anything new out there?

Jimbee

WKR
Are they decent, or junk. They look 3d printed which doesn’t seem the best, but could be a cheap option for someone.
Iirc I had trouble getting them to lock in. I still have them. Wasn't impressed with the quality. I contacted them with my woes and they just apologized and refunded my money.

ljalberta

WKR
Anyone have any photos of the Waters .223 magazine in the rifle? Looking to see if I want to order two of the 10 round mags, or if they’re pretty extended and I should get a 6 round for one of the mags.

My .223 is trainer and coyote gun only as I unfortunately can’t hunt big game here with it at the moment.

Anyone have any photos of the Waters .223 magazine in the rifle? Looking to see if I want to order two of the 10 round mags, or if they’re pretty extended and I should get a 6 round for one of the mags.

My .223 is trainer and coyote gun only as I unfortunately can’t hunt big game here with it at the moment.

6 round is about as long as I wanted in mine. It hangs just below the trigger guard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Lawnboi

WKR

IMG_0564.jpeg

Here’s a 10 round.

I only really use the 10 for prairie dogs. And use the 6 enough that I just ordered another spring for the mag.

I wouldn’t hesitate to do business with waters rifleman, nothing but good to say and my 3 orders Iv made have come just as fast if not faster than something coming from across the country.

I’ll see if I can dig up a 6 round picture

I bought a 6 and a 10 and I’m happy with my choice.

Moose83

Lil-Rokslider
Are they decent, or junk. They look 3d printed which doesn’t seem the best, but could be a cheap option for someone.
I have one of these. It actually worked quite well, until it didn't any more. Probably my fault though... I left it loaded in my truck all winter with my coyote load. They have a fairly stiff coil spring in them and I think the constant tension of the loaded round caused the feed lips to fatigue and open up slightly. Now it stovepipes most of the time.

Any issues with either mag, or have you been happy with feeding consistency?
Pretty happy. The .308 mag started mis feeding at a match. I opened it up, cleaned it, and stretched the spring a little. After that zero issues. At the next match I cleaned it between days. When it started mis feeding I had around 400 rounds through it. Pretty sure it was because I was dropping it in powdery dirt which was causing drag.

The 223 mag hasn’t had any issues. The spring is a lot tighter on the 223 mag and I haven’t been dropping it in powdery dirt.

Lawnboi

WKR
Pretty happy. The .308 mag started mis feeding at a match. I opened it up, cleaned it, and stretched the spring a little. After that zero issues. At the next match I cleaned it between days. When it started mis feeding I had around 400 rounds through it. Pretty sure it was because I was dropping it in powdery dirt which was causing drag.

The 223 mag hasn’t had any issues. The spring is a lot tighter on the 223 mag and I haven’t been dropping it in powdery dirt.
Is your 308 an tikka mag or aics?

I got an aics 223 coming to use at matches with 85.5s

BLJ

WKR
View attachment 735708

Here’s a 10 round.

I only really use the 10 for prairie dogs. And use the 6 enough that I just ordered another spring for the mag.

I wouldn’t hesitate to do business with waters rifleman, nothing but good to say and my 3 orders Iv made have come just as fast if not faster than something coming from across the country.

I’ll see if I can dig up a 6 round picture

I bought a 6 and a 10 and I’m happy with my choice.
Did the mag spring your referencing come from waters? I’m looking for mag springs for some 3d printed mags I have. Thanks.