Tight spot twang

11boo

WKR
I think I found mine. Arrows in or not. Every shot has kind of a twang not heard with the quiver off.
all fasteners checked. Arrows are tight in there.

could this be it, the hood has a hard rubber liner that is a slip fit, I think.

IMG_7845.jpegIMG_7842.jpeg

I can rap on the hood and there is something a little loose. Glue that thing in?

OP
11boo

11boo

WKR
Great CS from TS. They are sending me a foam insert and recommend glue if I want to keep using the inner liner only. The foam will replace the liner.

Keep us posted on how the foam works. My 7 arrow TS is a bit twangy. Not always...but I've narrowed it down to quiver for sure.

OP
11boo

11boo

WKR
Keep us posted on how the foam works. My 7 arrow TS is a bit twangy. Not always...but I've narrowed it down to quiver for sure.
If it’s anything like mine, it is the slightly loose hood liner guaranteed. The guy I spoke with said they had to make them that way due to the destructive nature of shoving broadheads in there. The rubber liner is more durable than foam is the reason it is used.
They Probably should include a foam liner, but I caught mine on sale for cheap so no complaints.
He did tell me a good fix for the rubber liner was something from the hardware store called “snot dots” Vs just glue. Makes sense, this is kinda an expensive quiver, and it would suck to have to retire it just because the BH chewed up the liner, which is exactly why I needed a new quiver.

I will say it is rock solid other than the twang. QD point is genius and works well. It is a little on the heavier side than my old factory mission quiver, but better quality for sure. Arrows are held with just the right retention and still not hard to remove. Somehow I had an arrow come out of my old quiver and lost it last year, just glad it was a judo point and not a hunting point waiting like a punji stake.

ForkLift

FNG
Mine rattles a little bit. I have a 5 arrow quiver and when I get down to my last two arrows is when I start to notice it. I discovered it was the last arrow making the rattling noise. I think the vibration from the first three shots wiggles it a little at a time. If I tighten the screw that holds it in place, the rattle goes away but I feel like Im going to break the arrow when getting it out. Trade off I suppose.

OP
11boo

11boo

WKR
Mine rattles a little bit. I have a 5 arrow quiver and when I get down to my last two arrows is when I start to notice it. I discovered it was the last arrow making the rattling noise. I think the vibration from the first three shots wiggles it a little at a time. If I tighten the screw that holds it in place, the rattle goes away but I feel like Im going to break the arrow when getting it out. Trade off I suppose.
Pull the quiver, no arrows in it. Rap the hood with your hand. You’ll hear it if the hood is it.

I think I found mine. Arrows in or not. Every shot has kind of a twang not heard with the quiver off.
all fasteners checked. Arrows are tight in there.

could this be it, the hood has a hard rubber liner that is a slip fit, I think.

View attachment 564531View attachment 564532

I can rap on the hood and there is something a little loose. Glue that thing in?
I buy self adhesive neoprene sheets on Amazon and line the inside of my quiver hoods. Every quiver I’ve used eventually starts to make noise with use. The neoprene actually makes them quieter than when I first put them on out of the box.

OP
11boo

11boo

WKR
I got my foam insert from TS, very nice of them to send it.
I will play with it later, but I suspect there will be something like that thin sheet foam in my future. Possibly stabbing some arrows in there will tighten up the hood/liner interface.IMG_7870.jpeg

OP
11boo

11boo

WKR
Just the foam insert won’t do it. I’ll hit hobby lobby tomorrow for some 1/16” foam.

IMG_7871.jpeg

OP
11boo

11boo

WKR
Hobby lobby has that foam, 1 buck for a 8x11x1/16” sheet. I’ll be working it in there. Seems like it’ll work.