Thru hike

Elkbelch

FNG
Anyone ever complete one of the big trails?
I haven’t but my daughter completed the PCT last year in 5 months. We dropped her off in Campo Ca and she hiked to Canada, sort of. She had to bail on the Sierra at the second pass due to snow melt and deep crossings. She flew to Wa and hiked to the Northern terminus then hiked back to the pass she came out on but she got it done. She did 35 miles one day. I’d be lucky to get 12 in one day.
What an adventure, I couldn’t wait for her to get to town so we could get more pictures.
She has also done the Silver Rush in Leadville a 50 mile one day race, I was just a spectator.
She did the PCT solo at 21, I plotted her trip daily on Earth with the coordinates from her inreach messages. She wrote a blog the whole trip and it was awesome, she was going to do the CDT this year but she started her career teaching science. Kind of wish she had done it, plenty of time to be an adult down the road.
Oh yea, she’s a hunter too. Still waiting on her first elk after two unsuccessful hunts but she’s a bonafide whitetail killer for sure
IMG_1994.jpegIMG_2047.jpegIMG_1834.jpegIMG_7151.png

Thats pretty dang awesome! My wife took a year off after school before she jumped into full time work and has never regretted that decision.

Pwb199

Lil-Rokslider
Very impressive. She has grit! And I bet some fantastic stories, too.

OP
Elkbelch

Elkbelch

FNG
Thanks, she does have grit. She also hike the Colorado trail solo at 19. She wore out 5 pairs of shoes on the PCT