Thoughts on Tricer-BP Fluid Head

diverc18

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been using the Tricer LP panhead and Tricer BC tripod and have been extremely happy with this setup. Anybody put their hands on their new fluid head yet? I’m curious on how it would compare to the tried and true options.

jelloyeti

FNG
Classified Approved
Wish they would show how you lock the panning and up and down functions. And how to extend the handle. I can kinda guess but would be nice to see.

OP
diverc18

diverc18

Lil-Rokslider
I assume the up and down would be the same as the LP panhead where you just tighten the handle. Not sure about the panning though. The LP has a lever that controls the tension on the panning

jelloyeti

FNG
Classified Approved
I think it's the big knurled knob on the side and the knurling on the base.

wingmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like there's a new video on the product page demonstrating the up and down feature. You just set the tension and no need to adjust anything at that point.

jb_358

FNG
I assume the up and down would be the same as the LP panhead where you just tighten the handle. Not sure about the panning though. The LP has a lever that controls the tension on the panning
In the video mentioned above, it looks like turning the handle is actually how you get it to extend.

OP
diverc18

diverc18

Lil-Rokslider
In the video mentioned above, it looks like turning the handle is actually how you get it to extend
It definitely looks like you are right. Figured the LP panhead would be similar based on looks. Guess that’s not the case though

jb_358

FNG
My question is how this compares to the VA-5... It's obviously lighter, but it's more $$; I'm curious about the performance.

OP
diverc18

diverc18

Lil-Rokslider
My question is how this compares to the VA-5... It's obviously lighter, but it's more $$; I'm curious about the performance.
That was pretty much my thought behind posting this thread. I just hope someone will bite the bullet so I don’t have to

When they have released something in the past, the go hunt/influencer crowd pushes it pretty hard. I was surprised when I saw this out and hadn't been bombarded by media saying it's a "game changer".

I am curious though, at that price it would need to be impressive.