Thoughts on GPO Optics

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We are thinking on bringing GPO on as a brand, what are your thoughts on their products, who is using?

I have been using their passion hd 12.5x50 binos and am thoroughly impressed. Their eye cups make me shake my head at swaro. Why the alpha brands can't make decent eye cups is beyond me. Such a simple part of binoculars that so many miss the mark on.

OP
Happy Antelope

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have been using their passion hd 12.5x50 binos and am thoroughly impressed. Their eye cups make me shake my head at swaro. Why the alpha brands can't make decent eye cups is beyond me. Such a simple part of binoculars that so many miss the mark on.
Reviews are awesome everywhere, and yes ergonomics are equally as important as glass IMO. Eyecups, hands, weight balance, focus wheel, etc.

JasonT

Lil-Rokslider
I don't have a lot for comparison, mainly used vortex scopes, but I purchased a GPO scope this year (spectra 6x 2-12x50) and I am really impressed with it.

Ordered the GPO Spectra 6x 2-12x44i with BRWI reticle today. Looking forward to seeing it in person
BRWi-Reticle.jpg

What are the units of measurement for the numbers? Yards? Like bdc?
I will establish what they are for my load at the range. So #2 might represent 250 for me, and #3 might represent 350, etc. I'm accustomed to using holdovers in this manner with my Swarovski BRH reticles, but I like that this entire reticle is illuminated, so wanted to give it a go.

I will establish what they are for my load at the range. So #2 might represent 250 for me, and #3 might represent 350, etc. I'm accustomed to using holdovers in this manner with my Swarovski BRH reticles, but I like that this entire reticle is illuminated, so wanted to give it a go.
I'm a turret twister so I assumed they were "yardage" marks. Interesting

SDHNTR

WKR
Deceptive marketing! There’s nothing German about them! I won’t touch em based on that alone.

I had a Passion scope. Total piece of junk.

Last edited:

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Passion ED 10x42 and really enjoy them. I’ll be honest though and I don’t have a lot of experience with binos so take that with a grain of salt. Glass clarity seems pretty good and are better then my brothers Vortex Diamondback.

SDHNTR

WKR
Disregard, I thought you were talking about turret hash marks, not the reticle.

Tullis94

WKR
My dad has the 12.5x50. I think they are an excellent value and have been really impressed with them. I have 10x and 15x Meostar's and I think clarity is equally as good in the GPO. The meoptas do seem to be a little brighter for just a few more minutes at dark.

I've used a GPO Spectra 6X scope in 2-12x50 and the Passion HD (don't google that at work) 8X42 binos, and a decent variety of Meopta optics including Optika5, Optika6, R2 and ZD scopes, Optika HD and B1 Plus binoculars, and the S2 spotting scopes — mostly through the local club — though I currently own a few Meopta scopes as well.

Nothing wrong with the GPO stuff, but for my money, I just prefer to buy from an established company with its own manufacturing facilities rather than one that outsources its production. Same reason I tend to stick with Leica, Swarovski, and Zeiss's Victory range for my other optics.

Also, it's probably a bit superficial, but I'm just not that keen on having something called "Passion" around my neck or attached to my rifle. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Coopa

FNG
I’m interested in the GPO’s, just a little gun shy to go with a newer brand.

Arcticmanak

Lil-Rokslider
Last year, after comparing the Maven B6 10x50, Kowa Genesis 10.5x44 and GPO Passion HD 10x42 I decided to keep the GPO's. I am impressed with them. I prefer the size, weight, focus wheel, and eye cups on the GPO's over the other models I tried. I could not discern but the faintest difference optically between them all. I'm happy with my purchase and think the GPO's are a great buy in glass.