This is why we cant have nice things

CJohnson

WKR
That doesn't seem all the agregous based on where an elks hear and lungs are. Doesn't really seem anywhere near as bad as shooting someone's pet dog and posting it all over Facebook.

Not saying it was the right call. It just seems like people want to hold the torches to anything related to MeatEater.
1ba3b32151c5b53d00d086e41b85f159.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
I guess we can agree to disagree. Intentionally prolonging an animal’s suffering for an Instagram post seems about as low as you can get to me. I don’t want to hijack the thread any further but it seems like some people will take up for meateater regardless of what they do.

gabenzeke

WKR
Looking at it close I have to wonder if it's photo shopped. But the people on Instagram are saying it is in fact on her Facebook page and she hasn't shut down dm's yet, so I'm guessing this idiot actually did whistle and clap in a "wolf" and shoot it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

How do you arrive at your initial statement based on the information in the screen shot you posted?

I mean, he admits to shooting it in the shoulder on purpose to see his penetration. That is not debatable. I feel like @CJohnson ‘s initial post accurately reflects that.

Now I’m giving Jani the benefit of the doubt that he probably hoped it would kill bull, still seems like a poor decision and an even poorer one to post about it on the gram. Esspecially a few days after posting the story of making a bad shoot and an even worse decision to make the shot. I don’t beat him up over that. I’ve been there.

Kinda like doing something dumb and getting ridiculed by your friends. Then You realize later the dumber decision was telling your friends about it.

3forks

WKR
I guess we can agree to disagree. Intentionally prolonging an animal’s suffering for an Instagram post seems about as low as you can get to me. I don’t want to hijack the thread any further but it seems like some people will take up for meateater regardless of what they do.
Janis knew that Instagram post and the explanation behind it were bound to create some opposing opinions.

I can only imagine the echo chamber that the Meateater corporate offices must be if any of their staff have gotten to the point where they believe they can justify taking a potentially less than lethal shot on an already wounded animal so they can check the performance of an arrow and broadhead configuration.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’m not finding any news source. Just a couple forums with a thread on it.

While I hate the thought of a pet getting shot, if this was a feral dog why the hate?

I'm a dog lover, but they still need to be contained and controlled.

It's like ******* feral cats, or the cats everyone turns out every night. They are terrible on an ecosystem.

Ok, maybe the hate for posting on social media. And I do agree with that.

So on second thought, pitchforks and burning!!!!
On the social page.
Looking at the pic of the dog and the P.O.S posing with it I would say its not a feral dog, looks to well taken care of and groomed. My bet is someone was hiking with the dog and it got away from them. Wonder what the idiot baited it with my guess is a milk bone.

Fatcamp

WKR
Lots of buzz on Fakebook about it. She changed her page to private but it seems like it was real.

Looking at the pic of the dog and the P.O.S posing with it I would say its not a feral dog, looks to well taken care of and groomed. My bet is someone was hiking with the dog and it got away from them. Wonder what the idiot baited it with my guess is a milk bone.

Don't know, I tend to agree.

But feral doesn’t mean ugly.

My dog goes with me everywhere, but I'm not at all in favor of dogs that aren't under immediate control.
That doesn't mean I favor an execution sentence either.

I feel this is probably a made up story or a lot more to it.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Lots of buzz on Fakebook about it. She changed her page to private but it seems like it was real.
I admit to looking and found some of the threads and FB profiles of her and a few allegedly tangentially involved. Among those who are posting about it, several claim to have alerted DNR - fwiw.

This still isn’t as bad as the meateater guy shooting an elk square in the hindquarter and then intentionally not putting out of its misery on the follow up shot in the bed because “he wanted to see how his arrow would perform.”
Whoa missed that one what episode was that

grfox92

WKR
I'm not looking to beef with you either. I understand your explanation of your opinion and can respect that.

Last edited:
So my first thought was ‘great, she posted wolf pup dead this is the game warden and baboon family pic all over again.’ I mean seriously, would you post a fawn you shot with spots and all? In northern virginia just around DC deer are rampant and theres no virtually no bag limits in some areas. Regardless, i just dont post dead baby pics on instagram.

Then i started reading the comments on here… Good thing i dont wolf hunt lol! Didnt catch it was a husky (im on my phone in my defense) Maybe I’ll let the coyotes go too.