Thermacell

Rob5589

WKR
I gave mine away. Mosquitoes actually landing on the grate where the fumes came out led me to believe it wasn't overly effective 🤣

I’ve had great results around them on a porch and a river between 6k-9k feet. When they are fresh pads and butane they are great IMO

Cady Creek

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like Thermacell it is. I typically don't need one but my tolerance as of late is not what it once was. My last bout in Michigans upper peninsula was enough to know something needs to change.
Oh it's just getting good up here now! They are really starting to feed heavy in the last week. Pretty sure our mosquito's gargle with deet!

I generally have a hefty dislike of technology especially when in the woods where we should be putting all that crap away. That being said, these are something i put my dislike of tech aside and use for mostly camping, working in the yard, and fishing. They are outstanding at keeping the mosquitos away.

I don’t use them hunting though.

t_carlson

WKR
The wind must never blow where you guys live.

I call them Thermascams here in MT.

Bring on the DEET.

YMMV.

Smallie

WKR
No issues with the thing smelling and removing the deer? I have wondered about that.
They make pads that are dirt or earth scent. Smell a lot like the earth scent dryer sheets and I use those pads in early archery season. Creates a great cover scent and never have had a negative reaction from deer using those in the stand. If I’m in the woods or the duck blind and mosquitoes are present I have one sometimes two thermacells with me. They are a lifesaver

Arcticmanak

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, they work great in the interior of Alaska. I was covered in skeeters the other night, turned it on, and in a few minutes they were long gone. It sure beats having to lather up with bug dope.

jazz3ring

WKR
They have worked great for me in swamps and marshes during warm weather early season duck and goose hunts. The mosquito’s were so thick that there is no way I could have stayed and hunted without it.

fwafwow

WKR
Thermacell can be a game changer, if it's needed, and you've never used one! There are both mechanical and electronic versions out there. Has anyone tried the Flextail Gear versions? I have a few of the FTG pumps and love them...
Same question about the Flextail Tiny Repel. Anyone use one?

Stalker69

WKR
We have tried them several times, and they don’t work very well at all at altitude. We tried them in the mountains here and dove hunting, and wore them out trying to get them to light. ( Colorado)