The Topic is knives.

I'd try a good professional sharpening first. Skip the guy at the flea market with the grinder, go to a knife maker or someone who handles high end knives. I've used a guy in Seattle that was amazing, had to ship him knives but they came back ungodly sharp. Didn't matter if they were kitchen or hunting knives. Reprofiled and the edges cleaned up. I'll see if I can find his contact info.
Joel with Grit city?

I second the recommendation on a Wicked Edge. Pricey for sure, but mine is at least a decade old and hanging in!

Fitzwho

WKR
The Outdoor Edge Knives are hard to beat really, as far as price, ease of changing blades, and blade sharpness out of the package. They can also be sharpened back up while you are working if you don't want to switch blades as often (if you want to carry a sharpener of some sort).

It seems a little wasteful to me after years of use, just trashing blades, and I do like nice things. As such, I've been transitioning away from them and now own two Montana Knife Company knives in Magnacut. But I still keep a folding OE Razorlite in my kill kit with a couple blades.

Jeremyc_1999

Lil-Rokslider
Montana knife company. I find they are easy to sharpen. They have their generations program and will resharpen for life

SPEDRAY

FNG
I love my argali knive. It's lightweight, holds a edge, and orange so I can't lose it. Cleaned a lot of animals in the backcountry and can make it through a whole elk easily before it needs sharpened. However I don't think of would be a great knife to use at home, where weight isn't a consideration. The handle is thinner than i like, and if I had a choice I would find something with a fuller handle that is easier on the hands.

S-3 ranch

WKR
Look at a Cutco serrated knife, I've had mine over 20yrs and have only had it sharpened once, cut up lots of elk and deer.

This isnt a bad idea , serrated last 60-70% longer
or buy a worksharp system for home and a small ceramic for touch up
most knives don’t need a reprofile sharping , ceramic or diamond steel should keep your knives razor sharp for years without having to regrind a edge
and worksharp is pretty idiot proof if you follow the instructions

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
I clean about as many deer a year as you. Living in the south and a hunting camp with several members, we clean a lot of does. I have found what works for me is having one of those Gerber zippers for opening and splitting the hair. Hair dulls knives quickly. For the hide and hair around the back legs(assuming you hang yours to clean) I use an outdoor edge replaceable blade knife. I've never had one break. They are bigger than the havalon blades. Once opened up, I use a Benchmade Saddle Mountain Skinner in s90v. I use all 3 when cleaning a deer. I also will have a Cutco serrated blade and a couple of Dexter's in the mix for deboning and meat work. I don't think you will get 10 deer completely with one knife.

svivian

WKR
For the last several years I’ve used a North arm knives Lynx and Bird & trout and also a few of their filet knives.

Mine are all S35VN and they now use CMP Magna-cut. It’s supposed to be better. I’ll be ordering another just to find out.
Also a plus that their sheaths are spectacular.

Guessing you bought the cheaper Meat crafter with the CMP-154 rather than the high dollar one with S45VN steel.
You've just cost me money sir!

Gerber zipper tool for legs, Gerber Pro Guide Series 950 Clip point blade for the rest. Love this knife, I carry 2 in my daypack. No longer made but not overly hard to find.

B42ABA15-E22D-4D7E-B667-A5544F119DDC.jpeg

B44A2D5C-1ED4-4B99-9A74-300C471FD3D7.jpeg

My brother with his first branch bull and the same model knife as above.

P

CHWine

Lil-Rokslider
I have a selection of 4-5 knives that I've used over the years. I bought a mid 70's Case two blade folder that stays in my pack. Nice to have two blades. This year I broke down and bought the Outdoor Edge 5" for maybe $30. Used it for the first time and was sold. Handy to not carry sharpening gear out in the field. And yes, the blade changes WAY easier than a Havalon.

Wallace

Lil-Rokslider
My FIL doesn't hunt, but likes knives/guns/etc. He did my wife and I a favor watching our kids for a long weekend a couple of weeks ago. The store front is 15 minutes away, so I went and picked him up a Winkler Knife. I haven't used it, but in my hand it felt great. Likely going to pick one up for myself next time I'm on that side of town.

Just picked up a MKC Blackfoot. Very nice and lightweight. I’ll be getting a few more in the future. I much prefer a fixed blade over a folder. I also carry a 5” victorinox boning knife and a Havalon. I’ll probably dump the Havalon.

Over the years using differant fixed blade knives of differant quality, I found that each reaches a point where my inconsistancy in sharpening causes need for a do-over. The worksharp provides the consistancy followed by a light touchup with a diamond steel. Without the angle control and consistancy most of our sharpening causes micro edge roll over. The knife cuts well initially but dulls fast. By having a system to sharpen all my knives to a standard has made a huge differance.

I can't vouch for the replacable blades but I use injectable razor blades in my skivers for leather work. I find about 20% of those blades could barely cut butter. I have concern with how those throw away blades are disposed of. If pounded into the ground or packed out, there is minimal chance of me or mine getting cut. If pitched there is a potential that unintended injuries may occurr to something or someone.

My dad was a butcher for over 40 years. Processed tons of wild game, beef, pork, lamb, etc. He and every butcher or processor I've seen use the Victorinox 6" semi stiff boning knife as their primary go to knife for skinning, boning, and breaking down an animal. Use what the pros use. Also touch the blade up on a steel frequently as you go. Don't wait til its dull.

BamaNSC

FNG
Been using a Bench Made Saddle Mountain skinner, and had good success with it. It keeps a good edge, and I like the feel/weight in hand. I bought it off ebay for $125 which also didn’t hurt my feelings. I also like that I can send my knives back to them periodically for re-sharpening for life.