The Shoot2hunt Podcast

I recently listened to the podcast where they mentioned that the blue Loctite hadn’t hardened after a few days
Blue Loctite needs a tight gap to solidify
The best one for using on rifles particularly on and under rails is the green which is a wicking compound which will suck down and fill gaps and then go hard

RDT415

FNG
As a fellow gout sufferer, I want to hear more about how Jake went and carnivored his way into a gout attack. Major questions include: did he know he had gout beforehand? Is he on any medication? Did he lose a bunch of weight, which can sometimes be the trigger, or was it the incessant red meat intake?

Curious as well. Just got diagnosed with gout after 2 years of undiagnosed agony. Would flare up in my ankle and hands, recently hit my toe. Doc just prescribed allopurinol and colchicine if a flare up comes. Really hoping to get back out there this season. The more I can learn about gout and how to avoid a flare the better.

Gorp2007

WKR
Curious as well. Just got diagnosed with gout after 2 years of undiagnosed agony. Would flare up in my ankle and hands, recently hit my toe. Doc just prescribed allopurinol and colchicine if a flare up comes. Really hoping to get back out there this season. The more I can learn about gout and how to avoid a flare the better.

I don’t want to turn this into GoutTalk, but I’ve been on allo for about 6 months and flare free. Back to eating red meat and drinking in moderation. Hydration and medication seem to be the biggest keys for me.

RDT415

FNG
I don’t want to turn this into GoutTalk, but I’ve been on allo for about 6 months and flare free. Back to eating red meat and drinking in moderation. Hydration and medication seem to be the biggest keys for me.

Glad to hear that! I’ve been on allo 3 weeks and looking forward to the benefits. Still keeping a lower purine diet and avoiding drinking. Can’t wait to eat red meat more often and a bourbon here and there. Will keep the hydration levels up. Appreciate it!

Jt89

FNG
I recently listened to the podcast where they mentioned that the blue Loctite hadn’t hardened after a few days
Blue Loctite needs a tight gap to solidify
The best one for using on rifles particularly on and under rails is the green which is a wicking compound which will suck down and fill gaps and then go hard
Bearing retainer. It's commonly used for assembling bearings and seals into housings when the clearance is tight enough that you would use a driving tool to get them in. It would work very similarly to loctite 430/480. Another one from the engineering and mechanical world that sets rockhard and doesn't let go is the flange sealant/gasket maker, which we used on the shims between Cat 3500 cylinder head spacer plates when they leaked. If a 2500hp diesel engine can't break the seal for 10,000 hours I doubt recoil would.

Not really, I can’t remember ever buying a paint pen or nail polish, in fact I am certain
On the other hand there are a few different Loctites here , I just us the most suitable

Axlrod

WKR
Glad to hear that! I’ve been on allo 3 weeks and looking forward to the benefits. Still keeping a lower purine diet and avoiding drinking. Can’t wait to eat red meat more often and a bourbon here and there. Will keep the hydration levels up. Appreciate it!
Been on Allopurinol 20 years with zero gout attacks. Before I went on it I cut out everything on the list said to cause gout. After 2 months my uric acid blood level was the same. You will hear all kinds of dietary anecdotes, but some people produce too much U.A. and no amount of dietary restriction will help. However I don't eat a lot of red meat or drink much.

If you have a flare up. Prednisone is very effective and fast at getting you right. You are at risk for kidney stones while on Allopurinol. A buddy was hospitalized with kidney stones, he said that made gout seem like a walk in the park. So drinking water before you are thirsty several times per day is very helpful. I found taking the Allo before bed was the best. During my annual physical they do blood work to make sure there are no issues caused by the meds.

Jt89

FNG
You guys are making this more difficult than needed. Paint pen or nail polish…

Neither of those work bonding a rail or have been said to do so. Loctite green stuff was mentioned for under pic rails, I added my knowledge on the subject matter of said goo and it's intended use (plus other options as an aside for those interested, with anecdotal evidence).
I didn't say that either one were better than what is currently accepted here as best practice, only what they do in the engineering world.

For what it's worth, loctite 480 is still the best for the job. 648 (green bearing compound) would be a very close second and I haven't tested 515 (gasket maker) under a rail but I know from what it does through extensive use in heavy industry that should you ever find yourself up shit creek without a paddle, it will work. All three compounds function the same way (set rock solid and stick like shit to a blanket) and all require the same procedure to remove and clean up - heat up to break loose and scrape/lightly buff clean. 648 is possibly the highest working breakaway strength, 515 has a higher heat resistance.

Neither of those work bonding a rail or have been said to do so. Loctite green stuff was mentioned for under pic rails, I added my knowledge on the subject matter of said goo and it's intended use (plus other options as an aside for those interested, with anecdotal evidence).
I didn't say that either one were better than what is currently accepted here as best practice, only what they do in the engineering world.

For what it's worth, loctite 480 is still the best for the job. 648 (green bearing compound) would be a very close second and I haven't tested 515 (gasket maker) under a rail but I know from what it does through extensive use in heavy industry that should you ever find yourself up shit creek without a paddle, it will work. All three compounds function the same way (set rock solid and stick like shit to a blanket) and all require the same procedure to remove and clean up - heat up to break loose and scrape/lightly buff clean. 648 is possibly the highest working breakaway strength, 515 has a higher heat resistance.

Or…..

Buy a tikka and rings that mount to the dovetail rail, problem solved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU

Good info, thanks. I miss read.

sveltri

WKR
I may have missed an update, but I have not seen the last 2 shows pop up an either Spotify or iTunes. Are you guys getting them?

RMM

WKR
I may have missed an update, but I have not seen the last 2 shows pop up an either Spotify or iTunes. Are you guys getting them?
I know they said no Form Fridays because of S2HU but I'm assuming that might mean no S2H either

slowelk

WKR
I know they said no Form Fridays because of S2HU but I'm assuming that might mean no S2H either

This week and last week's regular episodes have not been uploaded to Spotify, but they are on Youtube.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niko21