The Shoot2hunt Podcast

NSI

WKR
Trying to keep this as short as possible-

The only thing that keeps a pistol wthout a thumb safety from firing when you reholster is that nothing pulls the trigger. It is a single point of failure. A properly designed thumb safety (ref: 1911 style) in no way hurts- it’s not slower, or hard to learn to use subconsciously; but it does add a huge margin of safety.
I agree that properly designed thumb safeties do not slow the draw or in any way hurt.

I also agree that the only thing keeping a striker fired pistol from firing when being re-holstered if debris enters the trigger guard is a manual safety.

However, re-holstering a hammer fired pistol with the hammer down and the thumb covering the hammer will provide substantial notice of (and impediment to) trigger movement.

-J

ShootOkHuntWorse

Lil-Rokslider
I agree that properly designed thumb safeties do not slow the draw or in any way hurt.

I also agree that the only thing keeping a striker fired pistol from firing when being re-holstered if debris enters the trigger guard is a manual safety.

However, re-holstering a hammer fired pistol with the hammer down and the thumb covering the hammer will provide substantial notice of (and impediment to) trigger movement.

-J
Unfortunately the trigger reach and my stubby fingers make my CZ hard to shoot very well.

Reactions: NSI
I was just thinking to myself that Form's voice sounds cooler than mine, but then it sounded like the unmodulated version bled over into Ryan's mic just after 20:45 on today's FF. Busted.
Either that or it was some sort of stereo alien or demon possession sound going on...

ETA if that causes some sort of legit security issue it might be worth having Luke go back and fix that part?

Wyo_hntr

WKR
I was just thinking to myself that Form's voice sounds cooler than mine, but then it sounded like the unmodulated version bled over into Ryan's mic just after 20:45 on today's FF. Busted.
Either that or it was some sort of stereo alien or demon possession sound going on...
Form's voice is modified

Trying to keep this as short as possible-

The only thing that keeps a pistol wthout a thumb safety from firing when you reholster is that nothing pulls the trigger. It is a single point of failure. A properly designed thumb safety (ref: 1911 style) in no way hurts- it’s not slower, or hard to learn to use subconsciously; but it does add a huge margin of safety.
In the podcast you said you have a 2011, which make/model?

A stacatto is on the radar but without holding one and nobody that keeps them in stock, hard to justify buying one sight unseen.
A 365 axg Legion looks pretty sweet also but haven't had a chance to handle one

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
In the podcast you said you have a 2011, which make/model?

A stacatto is on the radar but without holding one and nobody that keeps them in stock, hard to justify buying one sight unseen.
A 365 axg Legion looks pretty sweet also but haven't had a chance to handle one

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I’ve shot and used most/all. P’s mostly. The C and CS are the better versions.

i was listening to the epic outdoors podcast a month ago and they had an episode with 4 or 5 grizzly attack survivors. the common theme in asking he survivors if they would have changed anything regarding setup was one needs to get as many rounds downrange as possible if charged bc you are going to miss while crapping your pants in such a high stress environment. They were more referencing a semi auto vs revolver but that train of thought kind of parallels the evidence regarding a 22mag.

Haha. Math and engineering is a thing, but it doesn’t always translate to field results. There are tens of thousands of 30cals threaded 1/2x28 without issue.
@Formidilosus seeing that you're such a no BS, data driven individual, have you ever done any sort of drop testing with suppressors? Like let the rifle swing down and smack the can or some tube in place of the can and then check with a gauge rod to see if the alignment has been affected in any way?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
@Formidilosus seeing that you're such a no BS, data driven individual, have you ever done any sort of drop testing with suppressors? Like let the rifle swing down and smack the can or some tube in place of the can and then check with a gauge rod to see if the alignment has been affected in any way?

I have not.

grfox92

WKR
Well I did it. Out with the 10mm (a g29, which sucked to shoo) in with the 22 mag. All ready for grizzly country.

Kidding aside this thing is pretty awesome. Comfortable gun, like the controls and it holds 30 rounds.

I might actually carry this thing.

View attachment 690694
I know a guide who guided for 20+ years around Cody which has more G Bears than anywhere else and he has the stories to back it up. Anyway, his last few years guiding he carried that exact gun in a 22 mag, after years if carrying heavy wheel guns.

I haven't listened to the episode yet. Will do today.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

BjornF16

WKR
PMR 30 weighs 15 oz empty, no optic option

M&P 22 WMR is 22 oz, optic ready

M&P 5.7 is 28 oz, optic ready

Ruger 5.7 is 24.5 oz, some models have optics

Last edited:

eric1115

WKR
I would have bet money Form shot Hi points along with SWFA.
Glad to see I don't have to go drag one of those ugly things home and buddies catch me with one.

Kris
No way dude, have you seen the drop test results on those things?

Well this Form Friday is likely to stir the hornet's nest.
I don’t agree, it’s not the hornet nest, it’s a realistic approach

I went through a similar thought process, have had a couple 454’s, a 500, way too heavy to carry, then went to a 10mm, and got sick of the bulk.

I thought, what are the chances that a 10mm would get me out of a situation that a 9mm wouldn’t? What are the odds of that changing the outcome of a situation?

Now I carry a Springfield hellcat, and I think it’s a perfect woods carry gun that I actually am willing to carry every day.

I appreciate that Form thinks practically and doesn’t sensationalize everything, there is enough of that in the world already

Hoggetter

FNG
There is an unusual amount of FormFlake followers on here, LOL
With this kind of advise, the PH’s in Africa just Laughed at Form. 22mag for Lion’s, Tigger’s & Bear’s Oh-My

Last edited: