The Shoot2hunt Podcast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Good thing this was not an option before I signed up for the June class!

Thanks for the heads up I will have to try that.
Any of the flavors not good? I was looking at the vanilla and mint choco chip.

I just tried rebel ice cream for the first time last week. the flavor was on point, but the texture is something entirely different. I disliked the texture so much I tossed the pint after a few bites. YMMV
You have to put it in the microwave for 10-15 secs and it really helps with the consistency. I like mint the most, it tastes the most authentic, but some of the chocolate flavors iagree are a bit "chalkier." Caramel, butter pecan also good imo.

This is also a good keto cookie recipe although I leave mine in a little longer for 12 mins and do less choc chips and more nuts. Between rebel and these cookies it rly helped when I craved dessert. Chilling the dough for at least 30 mins is key

Last edited:

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I just tried rebel ice cream for the first time last week. the flavor was on point, but the texture is something entirely different. I disliked the texture so much I tossed the pint after a few bites. YMMV

I have had that texture problem with keto ice cream in the past.
You have to put it in the microwave for 10-15 secs and it really helps with the consistency. I like mint the most, it tastes the most authentic, but some of the chocolate flavors iagree are a bit "chalkier." Caramel, butter pecan also good imo.

This is also a good keto cookie recipe although I leave mine in a little longer for 12 mins and do less choc chips and more nuts. Between rebel and these cookies it rly helped when I craved dessert

Thank you.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Good thing this was not an option before I signed up for the June class!

We actually had someone switch. Two spots left for the bear hunt. You could always do both Mike. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Also not sure if carnivore but on keto snacking on pickles helps to up your salt intake. the ones in the refrigerate section are the best imo (clausen can usually befound at most stores)

I’ve been very intrigued by the carnivore diet for a while now. I haven’t listened to the podcast but am planning to this week.

1 When you eat something besides meat, is it on purpose or unintentional?

2. What are your regular meals?

3. When you go to a restaurant, do you tell the server not to bring anything else on the plate other than meat, or do you just not eat the sides when they are on your plate?

4. What are the biggest benefits you’ve seen from the carnivore diet?
I first tried carnivore in 2018 and it was the leanest I’ve been in my entire life. I used to hang out in body-building circles at the time, and I’ll never forget a friend asking me if I was prepping for a show. I worked an active job and was in the gym regularly and couldn’t keep fat on my body if I wanted to - very abnormal for my body type. Life has changed a lot since then, and I have bounced around with other diets experimenting since, but continue to come back to carnivore as my baseline.

1.) I eat a lot of non-meat foods, however they’re all animal or animal byproduct. Primarily eggs, cheese, milk. I’ve tried making /buying the carnivore noodles that you may see. The ones I made were gross and the ones I bought woke me up in the middle of the night with one of the worst stomach aches I’ve ever personally had.

2.) My biggest life crunch is time, and I travel almost every single weekend from January-May for work. My meals are mostly about convenience and accessibility.
- breakfast scrambles
-hard boiled eggs with the shitty hotel sausage or bacon
- deli ham and cheese roll ups (easy travel hack for me)
-steak (lots)
-precooked frozen meatballs (Costco or similar)
-precooked chicken thighs or wings (Costco or similar, and non-breaded to clarify)
- some fish
- in a pinch I’ll order 5 Wendy’s Singles with cheese with no bun.
- Jerky by the handful
- Lots of butter on/in everything above.

That about rounds it out. Simple and easy.

3. If I’m by myself or just my wife, yes, unless she wants the sides. If I’m with a group of friends or at business meal no. Mainly because I don’t want to come off as needy or picky.

- when life gets busy and I cannot regularly exercise, I’m able to maintain my weight by simply adhering to the diet. There’s no thought or counting calories or scanning barcodes with MyFitnessPal or any of that nonsense.
- when I am able to exercise I’m able to lose weight without fuss
- in addition to the above, due to the surplus of protein it is my belief that I’m able to hold onto muscle easier while remaining in a caloric deficit
- everything involving food is simple (choosing what I’m going to eat, shop for, cook, order at restaurants, etc etc etc)
- I go to sleep easier (I have chronic insomnia though, so YMMV)
- fewer aches and pains in my joints
- more stable energy throughout the day
- my head feels clearer and I have less general day-to-day anxiety

ElPollo

WKR
I disagree ... that and the 'Form approved' on the RokStok box are the opposite direction I want to see this all go ... as Form has so often said, it's not about him, it's about the info.
I’m sure Form agrees. That’s why it’s funny. Not like I’m going to take that seriously and start stalking the guy for autographs.

ElPollo

WKR
I loved it when he said ryan and jake made me do this podcast......
How does Ryan get all these dudes to do what he wants.
I swear ryan is like a fat little godfather........
But cannolis aren’t exactly caveman. Maybe Ryan is a gabagool kinda guy.

Dobermann

WKR
Okay, gents, let's get this away from the gutter ...

Which reminds me: I'm amazed that no-one has commented on Ryan and Tanya both taking off their shirts on the last podcast.

At least one of them had a sports bra on over their you-know-whats.

Sadler

WKR
You guys should start up a carnivore diet thread and post up results. I’d be interested in seeing the progress and it’ll help keep everyone accountable.

Should have kept the clothes on. Maybe added a few lead weights in the pockets. If the competition is losing the most weight, starting artificially heavier seems beneficial...

I was thinking that might have been why Jake ate a 5 gallon bucket of pudding the night before... or that could just be how bedtime works at the Mooshaney house.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
- in addition to the above, due to the surplus of protein it is my belief that I’m able to hold onto muscle easier while remaining in a caloric deficit

Good news, it's not just your belief, it's been proven. A high protein, caloric deficit diet, has been proven to maintain lean muscle mass while still decreasing body fat.

(Power athlete radio ep. 649 for some good info on it)

Last edited: