The Season '23

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here we go. I need to do WAY better this year, updating and following up on this thread, and it starts today!!

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been grinding hard, lots of new products getting put through the testing of late season WI hunts. Today is the last day of the regular general archery season. I've been out a lot the last week, it's been cat and mouse to the max. We have lots of snow and cold. Trees are literally covered with snow. I can't see more than 50-75 yards in lots of places. Making these late season whitetails SKITTISH!

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
d27e3b66c40699f7d4e1a572cb019549.jpg

On the way in, on snowshoes, I spotted two deer feeding in the oaks. I was able to use a small rise between us to close to 35 yards. A vector arrow and head sealed the deal at 12:05 pm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
After getting her to the truck I decided to relocate. Got the saddle up and it wasn’t long before I could see deer moving. First deer along the edge was a shed buck. After a bit it was an adult doe coming down the oak ridge. Deer have been up moving mid day with the heat of the sun, and it being full moon. It took awhile. These late season deer are skittish. Finally got a broadside shot at 21 yards. G5 Megameat through the center of the heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elkhntr08

WKR
We’ll see what happens in the next few months, 2022 was a train wreck for hunting.
Came out of retirement Monday and started a new job. Hopefully a lot of travel out west and time off. See what happens.
Waiting on Colorado applications, New Mexico and Wyoming are my Hail Marys this year.

574mag

FNG
Well done! Skipping out west this year to build another point or two, plan on being out there somewhere chasing elk in 2024! Have to stick to Midwest white tails in 2023, but I love that too so it’s not a problem!

state637

WKR
Me and my 2 hunting buddies are in for the WY draw, general tag we had a as a group an average of just under 7pts. We will grab an archery stamp if we draw.

bentarrow

FNG
Got in wyo draw. Goin for gen tag. Go hunt says i have enough points. (4) But they said that last yr. No draw. Good luck.

rambo2345

WKR
No Wyoming elk hunting for me this year just building points. Hope to hunt elk in Montana or New Mexico. Colorado if both poop out.