The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
New lows incoming?? Good news better be coming or my crystal ball shows new lows by months end.

Anyone keeping tabs on the developments happening in Chinese real estate? After their issues earlier this year with a giant developer missing payments, they now have citizens boycotting mortgage payments due to construction delays and ever increasing prices. . . Being china they are cracking down on the news but if china's RE market takes a dump look out, it's about 25% of their economy and if it melts down it's going to have some spill over effect. Should be interesting to watch over the next couple of months.

One of this threads stalwarts posted a graph showing the correlation between the housing index and the market. Well this months report certainly doesn’t point to a market upswing.

Okhotnik

WKR
Anyone keeping tabs on the developments happening in Chinese real estate? After their issues earlier this year with a giant developer missing payments, they now have citizens boycotting mortgage payments due to construction delays and ever increasing prices. . . Being china they are cracking down on the news but if china's RE market takes a dump look out, it's about 25% of their economy and if it melts down it's going to have some spill over effect. Should be interesting to watch over the next couple of months.
Been following China too. Bank runs, realestae crashes. etc. Definitely spill over to the west

Just MHO, but cash is probably a smart play for the next 12 months.

Eddie
I’m holding out till q2 earnings reports coming up soon here, and then will probably liquidate a lot of my stocks at that point. The oil and gas earnings are going to be astronomically high.

I don’t really see much short term upside in most of my holdings, nor most other options at this point. I’m anticipating the option to buy back anything I want for a long term play for a considerably lower cost at some point in the next few years.

badgerboy

FNG
Just MHO, but cash is probably a smart play for the next 12 months.

Eddie
Eddie, have greatly appreciated your posts on this thread in the past! I'm younger so continuing to invest steadily as I believe anything is a bargain for me in the grand timeline. Help me understand why cash would be a good hold over the next 12 months when inflation is strong.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I’m far from a financial guru, but the reason I align with Eddie’s stance of holding cash is to be ready to pounce on opportunities.

go_deep

WKR
Well, I'm beginning to believe I totally screwed up. Could have sold PGAS for a really nice profit not that long ago, now it's doing nothing, literally days go by with no shares even selling.

I'm starting to hold cash also, just simply feel like they're buys coming.

Last edited:

bozeman

WKR
highly tempted to liquidate 90% of portfolio and hold/invest in other options.........or just completely ignore it and keep investing no matter high/low......hoping long term its a solid strategy.....

highly tempted to liquidate 90% of portfolio and hold/invest in other options.........or just completely ignore it and keep investing no matter high/low......hoping long term its a solid strategy.....
I didn't get out soon enough this time so letting it all ride, and buying some every month no matter what. not trying to time it.

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR

I always say at the end of the day believe in America. Even the world goes to hell in a hand basket this is gonna be the best place to be and invested in. Just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk