The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

go_deep

WKR
Anyone holding onto VLO and what sell price are you looking at? I almost sold today when it hit $97.50 but decided to hold onto it

Nobody truly knows, everything is so volatile right now. We could wake up tomorrow and Putin could be dead and the top generals are pulling troops out of Ukraine, or Putin could launch nukes, or something totally different could happen. At this moment if someone sneezes sideways the market goes crazy.
Simple put, sell when your happy with the profit, or at least set a stop loss in case everything goes south.

Paradox

FNG
So, I have been lurking on this thread for a while now and don’t claim to be expert on anything. However, it seems most of the discussion has been penny stock or bitcoin, neither of which I know enough about to spend money on. Does anyone else invest in closed end funds for income? Recently read an opinion piece about qqqx, yielding 7% potential for NAV discount. Any thoughts? At what point is ROC a bad omen? (Seems they run .04-.08 quarterly)
just looking for insight from those with more experience in the market

I've been a lurker on this thread for a while, and have been reading the last couple pages that are heavily crypto with interest. I don't really know much about crypto, but might be interested in putting a little money into a few different currencies. I am wondering, what service do you guys use/recommend for buying crypto?
There are so many that work, it depends how in depth you want to look at what’s going on or ease of use, fees depending on how much you plan to trade and security. Binance.US is a good one especially for options, Coinbase pro as well. Coinbase has two platforms, regular Coinbase is a great beginners platform and is easy to navigate and track different Cryptos but has very to high of fees - Coinbase pro has lower fees and you can run them side by side. This is what I do, download both but I only use Coinbase to stake and track the crypto I am interested in, Coinbase pro for any trading for lower fees. Plus Coinbase gives free crypto away often on the learn and earn and then you can move it over to Coinbase pro for free.

grossklw

Lil-Rokslider
There are so many that work, it depends how in depth you want to look at what’s going on or ease of use, fees depending on how much you plan to trade and security. Binance.US is a good one especially for options, Coinbase pro as well. Coinbase has two platforms, regular Coinbase is a great beginners platform and is easy to navigate and track different Cryptos but has very to high of fees - Coinbase pro has lower fees and you can run them side by side. This is what I do, download both but I only use Coinbase to stake and track the crypto I am interested in, Coinbase pro for any trading for lower fees. Plus Coinbase gives free crypto away often on the learn and earn and then you can move it over to Coinbase pro for free.
Yup- I store most of my coins on Celsius to get interest on it, 8.5% right now on stablecoins.

Clarkdale17

Lil-Rokslider
So, I have been lurking on this thread for a while now and don’t claim to be expert on anything. However, it seems most of the discussion has been penny stock or bitcoin, neither of which I know enough about to spend money on. Does anyone else invest in closed end funds for income? Recently read an opinion piece about qqqx, yielding 7% potential for NAV discount. Any thoughts? At what point is ROC a bad omen? (Seems they run .04-.08 quarterly)
just looking for insight from those with more experience in the market
Also curious about closed end funds and if anyone has experience in them. Heard an interesting podcast about them a while ago and how you basically know when a closed end fund is "on sale" but haven't taken a dive into them yet

Also, this is a preference for me, I wouldn’t buy crypto on any of the stock trading platforms like Robinhood, or Webull unless you can transfer the crypto to your our wallet. I believe in having the control of the asset not the paper form. Imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YBPS

WKR
I don't know if it's right, wrong, or indifferent, but all but 2 of my O&G stocks have hit my sell price over the last few weeks. The remaining 2 will likely be losers, but I'll just let them sit there with sell orders in case they actually go where I hope they can. Stuck some of my money in Google and will just let that ride, kind of excited to see what happens after the stock split.
Sitting back with the rest and just watching for a little bit.
What are your two losers?

rojocop

FNG
There was a huge move in Crypto and some US index markets lately... I think it is is BULLISH season IMO

go_deep

WKR
What are your two losers?
Sitting at -17% on GEVO, but it actually looks like there's some life there with the Delta contract.
I could have sold PGAS for about a 250% profit the other day, but I'm looking for way more. So I'm taking my chances and willing to lose in an effort to win big.

YBPS

WKR
Sitting at -17% on GEVO, but it actually looks like there's some life there with the Delta contract.
I could have sold PGAS for about a 250% profit the other day, but I'm looking for way more. So I'm taking my chances and willing to lose in an effort to win big.
I have PGAS as well. It’s not over yet.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
Anyone following any good divided stocks?
I just got $3k in DIV on BHP yesterday. They'll be a DIV payment in Sept of $4-6/sh.

Still has room to grow and the DIV looks solid for the next few years.

I bought in at the 12 month low late last year so I expect this to be a good DIV producer for years to come.

YMMV and good luck,

Eddie

Last edited:

CorbLand

WKR
LLKKF had a good. Really wishing I would have put more than 65 bucks in that one right now.