The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

N.ID7803

WKR
Another that is way down in the dumps but has alot of upside is USWS. Nearing its 52wk low right now. Anybody holding this one?

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
PGAS going to
A few ideas here for the dips. Do your DD...

RIG - (Services) Still way off 52h.
FECCF - Off the radar--lower float?
CGXEF - just finishing an 18,000' deepwater drill off of northern S.A., news could/would moon this thing.
BORR- (Services) I know, I know. But their financials are sound and contracts have been solid. We may finally see some good movement. R/S was actually a great move for this stock--I almost sold pre-R/S but didn't thankfully.
CGXEF looks pretty interesting to me. Looks like this could be a big money maker at a small per share price. From my DD they are getting close to releasing the news on the results of their tests. Per Exxon that whole area is incredible so I would think it should rocket as well. If it dips any this week ill be buying in.

Pgidley

FNG
Been doing a bit of research on ASTS. It seems promising, and its price is currently close to all-time low. Wondering if anyone else here has a position or any thoughts. I'm following the "invest in what you use" rule, as this is something I would love to be a reality (worldwide cell coverage).

Broomd

WKR
Been doing a bit of research on ASTS. It seems promising, and its price is currently close to all-time low. Wondering if anyone else here has a position or any thoughts. I'm following the "invest in what you use" rule, as this is something I would love to be a reality (worldwide cell coverage).
Going to research further, thanks for the heads on this. Way off the 52....

NDGuy

WKR
PGAS going to

CGXEF looks pretty interesting to me. Looks like this could be a big money maker at a small per share price. From my DD they are getting close to releasing the news on the results of their tests. Per Exxon that whole area is incredible so I would think it should rocket as well. If it dips any this week ill be buying in.
I was interested until I saw it ran 100% in like a month haha

go_deep

WKR
ASTS based on current technology is likely 10+ years away from doing anything different than what can be done today. Once hollow fiber optics are able to carry light in a normal transport network, then reliable fast earth to bird technology will become reality. Until then if you have fiber to your building, or even close to your home you'll have a far great service than they can provide.

Okhotnik

WKR
We'll take it.

API:
Crude: -1.077M
Cushing: -3.659M
Gas: +10.86M
Dist: +3.035M
absolutely Added to SU, PBR, GTE, CPE, BORR and VALE ( non oil) Monday. Think going to sell BORR as up almost 30 per cent. not comfortable holding long

Pgidley

FNG
ASTS based on current technology is likely 10+ years away from doing anything different than what can be done today. Once hollow fiber optics are able to carry light in a normal transport network, then reliable fast earth to bird technology will become reality. Until then if you have fiber to your building, or even close to your home you'll have a far great service than they can provide.
You might be thinking of something other than ASTS, as that's not at all what they're planning to do. Their project is satellite to cell phone, like LEO cell towers to provide cell coverage where ground-based towers lose coverage. They have a partnership with American Tower which is encouraging. I'm currently on Starlink for our home internet, and I was so impressed with it that I started looking into similar companies that are publicly traded, that's how I came across ASTS.

WoodDuck

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone else in RECAF? I am holding long, but could be an interesting swing for some of you. An operational update is expected relatively soon that may include 2D seismic report and announcement of next drilling site location. The company has already announced that the next well will target a production zone, just not exactly where it will be.

Hard to say exactly what the share price will do in the coming months, but the risk/reward is appealing.

go_deep

WKR
You might be thinking of something other than ASTS, as that's not at all what they're planning to do. Their project is satellite to cell phone, like LEO cell towers to provide cell coverage where ground-based towers lose coverage. They have a partnership with American Tower which is encouraging. I'm currently on Starlink for our home internet, and I was so impressed with it that I started looking into similar companies that are publicly traded, that's how I came across ASTS.

Their company profile says they do bird to earth broadband.

AST SPACEMOBILE INC.​

AST Spacemobile, Inc. engages in the building global broadband cellular network in space to operate directly with standard, unmodified mobile devices based on extensive IP and patent portfolio. The company's team of engineers and space scientists are on a mission to eliminate the connectivity gaps faced by today's five billion mobile subscribers and finally bring broadband to the billions who remain unconnected. The company was founded on May 31, 2017 and is headquartered in Midland, TX.

Pgidley

FNG

AST SPACEMOBILE INC.​

AST Spacemobile, Inc. engages in the building global broadband cellular network in space to operate directly with standard, unmodified mobile devices based on extensive IP and patent portfolio. The company's team of engineers and space scientists are on a mission to eliminate the connectivity gaps faced by today's five billion mobile subscribers and finally bring broadband to the billions who remain unconnected. The company was founded on May 31, 2017 and is headquartered in Midland, TX.
Here's a better description:

About AST SpaceMobile

AST SpaceMobile is building the first and only global cellular broadband network in space to operate directly with standard, unmodified mobile devices based on our extensive IP and patent portfolio.

go_deep

WKR
Here's a better description:

About AST SpaceMobile

AST SpaceMobile is building the first and only global cellular broadband network in space to operate directly with standard, unmodified mobile devices based on our extensive IP and patent portfolio.

Okay, go directly to the companies website https://ast-science.com and read what it says on the the front page.

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
Picked up BABA last week as i think they finally bottomed out. Not a fan of supporting Chinese business however in the market to make money. up 7% in less than a week - hope for a quick15% gain, sell and put into O&G before earnings calls

AST SPACEMOBILE INC.​

Really just a hope and a dream at this point. They haven't even put up their test satellite yet. Their website is long on shiny marketing info and short on details. How many satellites will they need to achieve coverage and what kind of timeframe might that take?

go_deep

WKR
Really just a hope and a dream at this point. They haven't even put up their test satellite yet. Their website is long on shiny marketing info and short on details. How many satellites will they need to achieve coverage and what kind of timeframe might that take?
Musk got a couple Billion to start Starlink, he said now he needs another $30 billion to actually make it work long term.

Musk got a couple Billion to start Starlink, he said now he needs another $30 billion to actually make it work long term.
That might be true but Starlink is just a portion of SpaceX's business. Their ability to launch their own satellites is a huge advantage over everyone else. If he decides to take SpaceX public or spin off Starlink as a separate company investors will be lined up around the corner. Elon has been very clear on the details for Starlink for a long time. How many satellites, launch schedules, etc.

Broomd

WKR
Looking through my list of O&G holding this really stands out to me. That is a significant bet against the stock. What do they know that we don't?
Good question.....
Shorts are a cancer on most stocks, obviously more on some than others--see CDEV.. CDEV has excellent financials, debt reduction, profits are exceptional with WTI positioning at this point. They recently sold 110m in disposable real estate. But it's been very patternable target for shorts.

We bulls are hopeful of share buyback or divis at some point. And next earnings is a big one for this company; should be really profitable for those of us getting close to two years of holding.

You guys know, I've been patient trying to hold for $10+. I'm 58, blessed with a great life and wife. At some point I'd like to cut lose of most of this stuff and move on. We'll see where this journey goes coming up with Q4 earnings.
Stuff like HMBL, FORW, PGAS, AABB etc. may be on my sheet forever, groan. lol.
No point in selling what is practically worthless. Perhaps at some time they'll fly and make some real money. Who knows at this point.
It's house money anyway so I sleep well.