The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

CorbLand

WKR
Absolutely.
For a 20 to 40 y/o something investor, the portfolio should have plenty of long-term EV and lithium plays.
I'd seed money into a variety of long Crypto plays as well ...if even one hits it could mean real wealth.
I will be adding more as I have the funds. I have a little LCID and wish I would have picked up TSLA. I have been researching lithium plays as well.

I try to throw about 50 bucks into each of the new crypto coins when they come out. I dont understand it but figure that one day maybe one of them will make it big and I will be holding a couple hundred of them.

Also, can you change your Avatar back? Its always confusing when people change them. HAHAHA

On the same note for EV anyone have any insight on Fisker (FSR)? They are supposedly releasing a couple vehicles in nov/dec?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TreeWalking

Lil-Rokslider
Absolutely.
For a 20 to 40 y/o something investor, the portfolio should have plenty of long-term EV and lithium plays.
I'd seed money into a variety of long Crypto plays as well ...if even one hits it could mean real wealth.
What are your thoughts about Cryto.com? Would you store coins there or use a air-gap wallet? I have a wallet but is inactive as fear will fail or forget the key code. Or, die and no one even no to recover the coins. I am looking for the day the coins can be stored as I would bonds or stocks with a brokerage and they would be insured against theft to some extent. Your thoughts?

Broomd

WKR
What are your thoughts about Cryto.com? Would you store coins there or use a air-gap wallet? I have a wallet but is inactive as fear will fail or forget the key code. Or, die and no one even no to recover the coins. I am looking for the day the coins can be stored as I would bonds or stocks with a brokerage and they would be insured against theft to some extent. Your thoughts?
Well, I may not be the best 'crypto' advice guy here, grin, but this seems like an easy one....obviously you need to be able to freely buy and sell your coins.
If you have an established c-wallet that you like stick with it; tape your written code on the backside of your watch or some other convenient place, you'll likely memorize it without even knowing it.
As for beneficiaries, you need to write a few deets down for a family member or loved one to access that stash. Take the time to do it now, and make your intentions known.

I use paypal for my crypto, as I only deal in ETH or BTC at this point.

Download the exodus wallet extension on your computer. Write down the seed phrase and password in a rite in the rain notebook. Walk your wife through the process twice a year. My wife was resistant until I showed her how much money I have in my wallets and told her it's all gone when I die if she isn't willing to sit down and chat for a half hour. Then she perked up pretty quickly. I also address it in our Will that we update yearly. Put the notebook in a fireproof bag and into your gun safe. I have duplicated my notebook and have a copy in another very trusted safe with someone that has no idea what it is. If you don't own your private keys, you don't own your crypto. You do not own your keys on crypto.com, coinbase, paypal, kraken, binance, etc. So it can be stolen. These are centralized wallets much like a bank, but like you said if it gets robbed, it's gone. And typically when crypto starts moving quick and you need to act fast, these centralized wallets are always conveniently down. Get it in a decentralized wallet. That's the whole point of crypto. That way only you have access and the only way it gets stolen is if someone gets your phrase and password or computer and password.

If you simply plan to hold it long term, you can get a hard wallet like a ledger nano. That's a step further where you can't get to it unless you have that stick, the seed phrase, and the password. I have ledgers that don't get touched with a handful of ETH each for my kids college. Hopefully in 15 years when it's time to access them, they will be able to own the apartment complex while they attend college.

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
Did they take down the other thread or just rename it? I’ve been out of the loop for a while.

Glad I bought and held hertz. Wish I would’ve bought more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
I was keeping my Hertz buy to myself when they were at $0.70 and I owned them at $3.50:)

Bought my niece some at $1.40

If good to have a few great buys every now and then.

JungleDan

Lil-Rokslider
I've got the option to buy in to the Rivian Automotive Inc. Directed Share Program via Morgan Stanley.

Rivian is an EV company that makes delivery vehicles for Amazon and started producing trucks (R1T) and SUVs (R1S).

I'm capped at 175 shares, each share could cost anywhere from $57 to $62.

How hard should I swing on this one?

Sorry if this post doesn't work here, delete if desired.