The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

EastMT

WKR
I’ve been learning large caps, as small caps have been crappy. These last few days with the meme stocks taking off may get some decent momentum for small stuff to take off again. Seen a few pennies getting some love, fingers crossed!

This is a list of a guy I’ve been reading his rules for trading, and num 1 is changing with the current momentum and where current trend is. Here is his list of last years trends. In the modern market need to be able and prepared to change your focus fast, all these 20 year olds with ADD move quickly!

2c4f133347324f168a6769831aeea473.jpg

So far changing it large caps has helped a ton for this slow august, looking forward to a sept with some heavy action, up or down!

e02846b8b6143e2c8594d483a2408f30.jpg

UUUU has been a great one to swing trade for me. It can't seem to piece together 2 big days in a row but seems to have good bottom support.

One to watch if you want to make a buck.

Looks to be a good day to get some crypto with the pull back happening. SENS has been holding strong so far today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EastMT

WKR
Well ESPN is talking licensing sports betting with DKNG, CZR. It’s not a sure thing but they will pop a bit if finalized.

Hurricane headed for NO again, oil prices should spike a bit.

Small caps are picking up, IWM showed good momentum, Sept should be popping compared to august.

Inflation report looked rough, the fed tapering should start Oct? Playing cautious, usually 100% cash daily, swung a few PFE Puts, few calls, but mostly scalps for small wins. Too much craziness and uncertainty for me to be swinging right now

jlh42581

WKR
To be blatantly honest, I am an options trader at heart. Watching my portfolios grow slowly isnt my thing, i know its necessary but I dont like it. Right now, the market just kangaroos up and down in about a five dollar range with any large caps or indexes. I dont have time to watch it all day so I have put on my patience pants and slammed it all into index funds till things get more consistent. Seems I can play the options I want in monthlies but its a big gamble, which lets be honest thats what options are... gambling unless youre the seller.

22lr

WKR
Bought a few hundred thousand ECEZ as a gamble at $.0002, sold em Friday at $.0004. Wasn't enough to make any real money but always fun to hit a quick 50% flip!

ABML made a good run, not even 100% sure why, but glad I bought more on the dip, although I bought in the $1.30s so I didn't hit the bottom of the dip. If it hits $2 without news of breaking ground ill probably sell off a few shares. But my target is to sell at news of the full operation processing the first load of batteries.

slick

WKR
Consensus on RECAF, dropped off 50% + from high.
Trending back upwards. Wonder if I should dump more into it while it’s low?

WoodDuck

Lil-Rokslider
Consensus on RECAF, dropped off 50% + from high.
Trending back upwards. Wonder if I should dump more into it while it’s low?
Full disclosure I am not an oil and gas expert.

The 50% drop occurred during what was essentially no news. If you liked it at $10+, there is no reason not to like it now. IMO this is an exceptional high risk/extremely high reward play.

EastMT

WKR
If you go back and look at basically any stock under $10 since June, they are 1/2-1/3 the price before. We talked about it before, they were way overheated, they were what 3 stocks left under $1?

Deep down we all knew it was a small cap bubble, when every $1 stock is sitting at $2-3-5-10 it’s time to get out. Luckily I found out I was moving in spring and quit trading from Mar-July.

Seeing signs of life, few runners, pumps.

BBIG could go over $10, I expect that pump/squeeze to go a bit more. 50% shorted, 30% insider owned, doesn’t leave many to play with

22lr

WKR
LCID took a dip this morning, snagged a few more shares. I have been trying to diversify out of LCID for a bit, but its hard to resist a good sale! Lol

go_deep

WKR
LCID took a dip this morning, snagged a few more shares. I have been trying to diversify out of LCID for a bit, but its hard to resist a good sale! Lol
Bought my first amount of it today when it dipped under $20. Don't know why, but physically seeing the plant in Arizona in person has me believing.

Last edited:

Poser

WKR
Bought my first amount of it today when it dipped under $20. Don't know why, but physically seeing the plant in Arizona in person has me believing.

It’s an impressive outfit, for sure. The projections for $60 shares don’t seem unrealistic, but I’m down 17% on my holdings so there’s that