The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

OXN939

WKR
I think it’s fear of more shut downs from CV. Reaching all time highs daily rate. It’s likely also the rebalance has part of it too, but I think worry about people staying home more is likely the main cause

Agreed. This is really brutal for energy right now, CDEV especially. Fingers are crossing for a vaccine or even news of one- I'll be getting out of most of my positions if that does end up materializing

Broomd

WKR
Great comments here, agree with all of them and Coop is right. Imho, this is ALL to do with Covid. If this pandemic had subsided completley and things were 'normal' some of us would be very, very happy, 'wealthy' might be a stretch, but a lot of money has gone unrealiszed due to this second bullsh!t wave. Nobody said it would be easy.

Unless a trader is really hard core and needing the daily kwan, the best bet is just to let things balance. At this rate we're probably talking mid August and that worries me, because at the risk of sounding political I'm worried about what could happen in Nov and I want to be in cash. If my buys are too low that could be a tough sell off. Just need to breath in and breath out, right?
Lots of blessings in our lives, and most of us aren't trading money we need to survive on.

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

OXN939

WKR
At this rate we're probably talking mid August and that worries me, because at the risk of sounding political I'm worried about what could happen in Nov and I want to be in cash.

100% with you on this. My game plan this whole time has been to get in at the bottoms and hold until the economy rebounds and stabilizes, which historically has often been a feature of summers before an election year. This second wave panic is killing us. He didn't do it eloquently, but Trump's observation that as more testing happens and symptoms are identified with more precision, positive test numbers will go up was spot on... so hopefully that part of things equalizes here soon and panics subside.

EastMT

WKR
Great comments here, agree with all of them and Coop is right. Imho, this is ALL to do with Covid. If this pandemic had subsided completley and things were 'normal' some of us would be very, very happy, 'wealthy' might be a stretch, but a lot of money has gone unrealiszed due to this second bullsh!t wave. Nobody said it would be easy.

Unless a trader is really hard core and needing the daily kwan, the best bet is just to let things balance. At this rate we're probably talking mid August and that worries me, because at the risk of sounding political I'm worried about what could happen in Nov and I want to be in cash. If my buys are too low that could be a tough sell off. Just need to breath in and breath out, right?
Lots of blessings in our lives, and most of us aren't trading money we need to survive on.

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

I know it sounds bearish, but at this point I’m planning on Pres Biden. Like him or hate him, the odds of a win during a recession no matter the cause, pandemic response critics, Twitter posts, and an entire underground media/attack wing on him all day long, that’s a lot of headwinds to lean into.

Could be wrong, but we will see. I hope Biden picks a good VP, I don’t know if he will hold up in his seasoned citizen state.

I’ll be going back, revisiting some of the initial CV19 stocks that jumped, see if I can find anything that could bounce.

NDGuy

WKR
but Trump's observation that as more testing happens and symptoms are identified with more precision, positive test numbers will go up was spot on... so hopefully that part of things equalizes here soon and panics subside.
Except for the part where states are not only having more cases, the % of positive cases/tests are also increasing. Florida was over a 10% positive rate recently.

Okhotnik

WKR
Sold a bunch of VXRT for a relatively small gain of five per cent. Ive been sitting back past 2 weeks. Adding a few energy shares on low days. As mentioned, and as predicted, they're pushing the second outbreak in the news and that's what , I feel, is suppressing market and general sentiment.

Might pick up more MGEN if it drops below a dollar again.

CorbLand

WKR
I had put most of my funds into longer term holds which sucks because they are getting killed right now. Wish I had a little more cash on hand to take advantage of this dip.

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
I think their playing it safe because their damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I also feel they'd like to milk it right up to the election.

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
I'm waiting to see how low everything keeps dropping. Been looking to buy but all of these red days have me waiting it out. Nothing special..maybe some REITs and CDEV if it keeps falling. Only a hundred here and a hundred there for me.

I think we are in a consolidation period Today and not totally Selling off, even though it feels like it. I’m treating it as a bad day.

Do you think this selloff explains the market dive today? I have watch-lists of dozens of stocks, and literally only one single stock is green.
So, I did dive deeper Into this and checked chat rooms, videos, etc...
I want this to be on peoples radar for their own education
I think there is something to this, but I caution I am nowhere near qualified to speculate on its severity***. Where, how, and when this happens seems to be from now through July? This bond repositioning is one factor in many that makes me think a correction is coming.
-Foucci yesterday testified that we are still in the FIRST wave of covid, not the second.
-Housing payments are going off the rails
-etc...
(Please do not see this as a political statement, because it’s not. I’m about to state a fact which might be the biggest factor of all.)
- Trump needs to be re-elected. He has asked that his people prop up the market in any way they can. If it fails, he loses. We will be paying for this for a long time, along with all the other programs saving a complete collapse. When traders finally realize this, We are in for a ride.

I am being cautious with my positions and selling for cash where I can.
Conversely, There is still plenty of money to be made in this market and I am still playing. My approach is just not ballz out like the second half of May.

OXN939

WKR
Except for the part where states are not only having more cases, the % of positive cases/tests are also increasing. Florida was over a 10% positive rate recently.

Which is what you'd expect at this point in the infection cycle, since symptoms and probable carriers are now defined with greater certainty and people getting tested for seasonal winter colds are no longer skewing the numbers towards a lower percentage of positives. More important is the fact that the number of deaths is steadily decreasing while the number of positives increases, adding another to the long list of data points indicating that COVID is, although a serious disease, much less deadly than the CDC's initial estimates.

But, you're absolutely right that none of that matters. Perception is reality, and headlines like "Seven states record highest COVID jumps since pandemic began" will mean more days of solid red.

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 2.44.33 PM.png

This is the SP500 both weekly and daily charts with some support lines drawn in. If we break below these, who knows...so far the net movement is sideways.
S&P doesn’t tell everything, but is a good barometer for what’s happening Between nasdaq and Dow.
Also notice volume is fairly typical
1593024741976.png
1593024860726.png

EastMT

WKR
Well my WISA made me some money today, lost a bit on GSAT.

The NASDAQ is tricky, it’s so heavy the big tech companies that it’s deceiving, 90% could be down and it still gains it seems like.

I think we are in a consolidation period Today and not totally Selling off, even though it feels like it. I’m treating it as a bad day.

So, I did dive deeper Into this and checked chat rooms, videos, etc...
I want this to be on peoples radar for their own education
I think there is something to this, but I caution I am nowhere near qualified to speculate on its severity***. Where, how, and when this happens seems to be from now through July? This bond repositioning is one factor in many that makes me think a correction is coming.
-Foucci yesterday testified that we are still in the FIRST wave of covid, not the second.
-Housing payments are going off the rails
-etc...
(Please do not see this as a political statement, because it’s not. I’m about to state a fact which might be the biggest factor of all.)
- Trump needs to be re-elected. He has asked that his people prop up the market in any way they can. If it fails, he loses. We will be paying for this for a long time, along with all the other programs saving a complete collapse. When traders finally realize this, We are in for a ride.

I am being cautious with my positions and selling for cash where I can.
Conversely, There is still plenty of money to be made in this market and I am still playing. My approach is just not ballz out like the second half of May.
I’m not at all trying to disagree with you but I feel like a “big correction” has been on the horizon since March. It has kept many from diving into the market and making some serious coin. Now could there be some bad weeks? Of course, but I truly don’t see the American people allowing another shutdown. The drop of COVID related deaths is a big factor as well. Trump is going to do everything in his power to keep the economy afloat through November. It’s the pillar of his campaign. This is all my personal opinion and viewpoint. Take it for what it is but I think we have a couple more weeks of unknown and then I see a lot of these stocks rebounding. Definitely a lot of volatility to come but will be holding my positions and adding to some as deals present themselves.

EastMT

WKR
CTRM was fluctuating around .70 and was said to be grossly undervalued based on their financials, but they just announced a multi-million share offering at .35. It basically reduces them to a TOPS sort of stock, known for repeatedly screwing their investors. Very strange and unexpected given their financial condition, and it cost me 50%. These penny stocks are risky. Buyers beware.

Well it bounced back a bit today, pretty decent for first day after offering.

All these shippers are OK for a quick swing, but risky as well. SHIP in the low teens, TOPS in the 12’s is usually good for 25-50% in a day or 2. CTRM was good for a 10% bounce from .64 to .70. That’s the only way I play any shippers, just too much risk otherwise.

Okhotnik

WKR
Well my WISA made me some money today, lost a bit on GSAT.

The NASDAQ is tricky, it’s so heavy the big tech companies that it’s deceiving, 90% could be down and it still gains it seems like.

Yep, obviously. I guess my point would be that people are still looking for a place to invest their money and feel comfortable placing it in the market. . Just guessing but would say that is a somewhat positive sign for the other markets once the covid rates and openings start trending in a positive direction.