The Queen is Dead

DuckDogDr

WKR
Living in the UK for the past year I have more of an appreciation of their love for the Queen. It was fun celebrating the jubilee with our British friends this year.
I don’t think I’ve talked to anyone didn’t have a deep respect for the queen. For sure the royal family but never a negative comment regarding Queen Elizabeth.
It’s because they can’t or they get arrested

Billinsd

WKR
GOD BLESS THE BRITISH!!! 2nd greatest country after the good ole US and our closest ally!! Quite a ways in second behind us! I could not be prouder of my British roots in England and Northern Ireland!!! Monarchy, that, opportunity and religion a big reason lots of my ancestors left for the US starting in the 1600s until 1800s The British Empire was the greatest there ever was and greatly influenced our own country.

Billinsd

WKR
I dont get the fascination with the royal family. Then again I dont get why people get worked up over movie stars, music stars, or whatever the Kardashians are either.
It's kind of the same thing, with a heap of Nationalism mixed in.

Billinsd

WKR
I was just in Galway Wednesday morning. Beautiful city. It’s been interesting talking with the Irish these last couple days and visiting the local sites. Pretty rough history relationally with the English although I think some of those sentiments are changing from talking with the locals.
The British ruled Ireland with an iron fist for over 700 years and are still hanging on in Northern Ireland, which looks like will go to Ireland by ballot and hopefully peacefully. Ireland was Britain's closest and most difficult colony by far!! The Irish Rebellion a hundred years ago was REMARKABLE and extremely fascinating and something for the Irish to be proud of!!

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I know more about her just from reading this thread than I ever did. I knew she had been around since forever and people liked her.

WCB

WKR
Imagine the things she covered up that the same people shedding tears for her would burn down cities for if they really knew....but yeah lets all do the typical " such a great person" blah blah blah when someone dies

Celebrate 70 years of reign? I don't get it. The whole royal family is chocked full of 5 star shitheads. Randy-Andy the resident pedo is the prime star. This country would be a lot different if it wasn't for the brave men and women that gave all for this place called America. The royals have their place in this world....just not in the USA!!!

OP
ODB

ODB

WKR
I’ll tell you, based on the responses both here and other places, I will have to say the people I seem to want to know are the ones who recognize the importance and accomplishments of the Queen. Not a monarchy, the Queen.

She was very much a hand on the rudder for a country that endured tremendous change. It was her stolid leadership and knowing “how things are done” that kept the UK righted, from seeing the rebuilding of a literally bombed out England, to colonies fighting for and winning independence, to all the internal strife that ran through the royal family.

She Kept Calm and Carried On.

We could learn a thing or two from her.

Imagine the things she covered up that the same people shedding tears for her would burn down cities for if they really knew....but yeah lets all do the typical " such a great person" blah blah blah when someone dies.
Only the good die young. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

923FE63E-B295-41A0-BCAC-21289C8954D2.jpeg

Last edited: