The Perfect Bino Harness

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
For me, I see no need for buckles. A simple slider, or whatever they're called, works and will lay flatter under a pack. There also needs to be a way to secure the excess webbing. The excess flapping around is freaking annoying. A webbing similar to what Marsupial uses in their belts would be ideal for the waist strap. It has some give when huffing and puffing during a climb, bending over, crawling around, etc., vs straight elastic which never holds and quickly stretches out.
I am working on a good way to manage the annoying extra webbing. Everyone can agree on that!

And, I agree sometimes buckles just get in the way. This is one of those things that some want simple like you and others want buckles.

My solution is to just give everyone the choice with hardware. It’s only a couple bucks to maximize flexibility.

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I just switched from a marsupial to a fhf fob and all I have to say is I absolutely love having the molle strips on my harness. I realize a lot of guys are minimalist about their bino harnesses but making a version with molle attachment strips would sell it to people like me who like to put other stuff on their harness so its easily accessible and right at your fingertips. Would also help sell it to folks that have a bunch of molle pouches but no harness to use then on or a harness they don’t necessarily like other than for the fact it has that system on it. Just my 2 cents
I agree, there is a divide between those who use molle/pals and those who don’t. The system has always been a love hate thing with me

I love the versatility, and availability of Molle pouches for customization. But, the molle layer when/where I don’t need it drives me a little bonkers.

I am torn between making a clean version and a Molle version, or offering one version with a molle compatible attachment system that I have created.

I’ll post some pics of that later.

Meals7

FNG
I've used marsupial bino harnesses for a while with great success. I like the material they use and the way they open.

Warrior10

FNG
Aziak bino clamp
I was unware of this product, that looks perfect!

Except I am still running the old vortex quick release pan head (and have attachments set up to match....) instead of Arca-Swiss. I will likely start transitioning to AS, but like my current set up (except for the problem being discussed) enough to keep using it for now.

nobody

WKR
I was unware of this product, that looks perfect!

Except I am still running the old vortex quick release pan head (and have attachments set up to match....) instead of Arca-Swiss. I will likely start transitioning to AS, but like my current set up (except for the problem being discussed) enough to keep using it for now.
It has a 1/4"x20 threaded nut in the bottom to accept your quick release plate.

Warrior10

FNG
Been there… look at this solution for my big glass. I leave it on my tripod and cover it. Or, put it in my pack.

I will see what I can come up with for a bino pouch, but it’s not a thing.

it’s how I carry my big glass and made a special case so I can cover it when I am moving and glassing.

I can think about it for you too.

View attachment 588885
I am sure it is obvious but I must be missing it....when you go to glass how do you remove the cover from around the adapter that is sticking out so that just your unit is coverless?

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It's low profile enough that you should be able to attach the plate and still run it in and out of your harness without issue.
If I am glassing with my carry binos, I leave the Outdoorsman post connected to my tripod, and the bino slips in and off of the post. There is never an issue with fitment when you can get an outdoorsman stud screwed into the bino.

Most of the time I glass with my big binos, and I leave the post connected to my binos. Whenever I am glassing, then shooting off my tripod, the post goes with the binos.

gclubb02

FNG
I agree, there is a divide between those who use molle/pals and those who don’t. The system has always been a love hate thing with me

I love the versatility, and availability of Molle pouches for customization. But, the molle layer when/where I don’t need it drives me a little bonkers.

I am torn between making a clean version and a Molle version, or offering one version with a molle compatible attachment system that I have created.

I’ll post some pics of that later.
Could maybe be one of those deals where you roll one way or the other to start out and if there’s enough demand make a second version. Would be a good problem to have I’d say