The Pants You Never Expected

Sitka this, Kuiu that, FirstLite they/them.

Yes, all of those brands make absolutely great gear. No complaints with any of their function or looks. For some, its a no brainer to use these systems for their hunt, but for many the price tag associated with these brands is very preventative, so i think its good to share when i have found a well-priced, great product.

Enter: Drake Waterfowl "Pursuit Tech Stretch Pant with Agion Active XL"

I used these pants on a 5 day back country Muley hunt in November, just outside Rifle, Colorado and they exceeded my expectations. Warm when i needed, but moisture wicking for those grueling afternoon hikes when the sun is high and temps are rising. Temps fluxed from 10 in the am to 35 in the afternoons, Colorado right. For ~$50 on sale, they over performed. They were extremely quiet, fleece lining was thin and comfortable, provided protection from sharp rocks and thick brush, all while regulating temperature well. Truly didn't know what to expect from a waterfowl focused brand but i couldn't keep their greatness to myself.

-CS210

My only experience with Drake is a pair of pants for my 11 year old. I wanted something that wasn’t just crappy and heavy cotton. They had duck camo in a lighter weight nylon pant with reinforced butt and knees. He wore them quite a bit this last season and they did great for him.

The price was right too

Bump79

WKR
I have a tough time buying stuff when they don't list GSM of the material or at least total garment weight. I have no idea what I'm getting into.

How's the sizing? Athletic fit or standard?

OP
ChickenSalad210
I have a tough time buying stuff when they don't list GSM of the material or at least total garment weight. I have no idea what I'm getting into.

How's the sizing? Athletic fit or standard?
Understandable on the GSM. I would say they fit leaning more towards athletic. I am a size 33x32 in jeans and the mediums fit very well. Adjustable waist. Enough length to go over insulated hiking 7" boot as well