The New Leupold Mark 4HD?

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I'm really curious as to who y'all are exactly pointing to as stirring the shit?

I've noticed in the past few weeks we have had some semi troll activity, but it doesn't seem to be who @Team4LongGun or @realunlucky seem to be highlighting.

Perhaps I'm wrong tho.

The attempt to meet up seemed to have nothing to do with a discussion, just a threat, and seemed pretty juvenile even to myself, but whatever.

Leupold always brings out the flames.

Appreciate that your curious, but moderating is not a public forum gig. Nor is part of the job explaining every action.

This side bar discussion is over, let's get back on topic.

Article 4

WKR
@Article 4

I’m not doing the back and forth you love to do on here.

We have a definitive test that I already help fund.

You are confident in your shooting system, so am I, so let’s get together and test them I have time this week.

Stop hero worshipping and test “your” system.
Strong words from the owner. Back and forth is a big reason the site is successful. Your own "staff" take part in it and get offended when their opinions are refuted...

You volunteered my kit. I am under zero obligation to satisfy your need or answer to your premise that I should use it; or that i have misplaced hero worship. This site has plenty of its own self appointed hero's none of which are mine.

A lot like my experience, my knowledge, and my ability to apply it; my kit is mine and I decide how to utilize it.

Now all pleasantries aside. I would be happy to meet you. I look forward to it, especially if you want to have a constructive and collaborative discussion and do some great work together, lets do it. Some of the best friends I have made in life came out of controversy...i am open to that happening here.

DM me your number. I will reach out - if not, that's ok too.

Last edited:
If so i am all in. Let’s work together and put out a definitive test. Let’s test as many as we can with repeatable and supportable data through monitored and trackable criteria
This comment makes me think you’ve never actually read any of Forms scope evaluations. His tests are as definitive as scope evaluations could possibly be. It’s all “monitored and trackable criteria”. If you haven't read the evaluations and understand how they work then you’re just arguing for the sake of argument. Form has already done exactly what you’re suggesting.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Offered that to Form a while ago on a separate topic. He declined.

You volunteered my kit.

Last post from me, I promise, but I'm confused on this one.

I hope the Leupold mk4 hd 2.5-10 performs great. It would be a great option for people. Like I said, I really wanted to go with one but just couldn't bring myself to take a chance for 900 bucks. I am excited to see how a mk4 hd performs in the evaluation.

Last edited:

Dobermann

WKR
Guess by that logic Ryan and Form are the only people on this entire site and in every post that are correct and have the proper experience and background to prove or disprove a premise?
There's no 'logic' in what I posted that would suggest that at all.

Not sure if you genuinely misunderstood what wrote, or if you were wanting to misrepresent it on purpose.

In either case, apologies that my sincere suggestion to adopt a position of humility on this might be well served didn't seem to you like it would be helpful.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Strong words from the owner. Back and forth is a big reason the site is successful. Your own "staff" take part in it and get offended when their opinions are refuted...

You volunteered my kit. I am under zero obligation to satisfy your need or answer to your premise that I should use it; or that i have misplaced hero worship. This site has plenty of its own self appointed hero's none of which are mine.

A lot like my experience, my knowledge, and my ability to apply it; my kit is mine and I decide how to utilize it.

Now all pleasantries aside. I would be happy to meet you. I look forward to it, especially if you want to have a constructive and collaborative discussion and do some great work together, lets do it. Some of the best friends I have made in life came out of controversy...i am open to that happening here.

DM me your number. I will reach out - if not, that's ok too.
You can go back and forth with the others, I don't have the time to waste.

DM sent

atmat

WKR
I have been provided a new Mark 4 from Leupold for the drop test.

@Ryan Avery
@Formidilosus
Just wanted to loop back around to this. Can you clarify: did Leupold provide it for the drop test? Or did they just provide it and you’re going to drop test it?

If the former, one would think Leupold has some confidence in it — which may be a good sign.

Netherman

WKR
Just wanted to loop back around to this. Can you clarify: did Leupold provide it for the drop test? Or did they just provide it and you’re going to drop test it?

If the former, one would think Leupold has some confidence in it — which may be a good sign.

I had the same thought. I can see the business angle against coming out and saying that this scope is their most durable when they’ve got more expensive options in their lineup. Hopefully they’ve made changes and this does well in the drop test.

SandyCreek

Lil-Rokslider
......... this was alot to scroll through.. all I wanted was some real world, hands on info on the 2.5-10. Looks promising hopefully someone does some testing as i don't want to perform a $900 experiment.

When will the results be posted?