The Broken Heart Buck

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for sharing this story with us Robby! It takes a lot of courage to share the stories where things don't go exactly the way we intended, but these are often the circumstances that are the most meaningful, and that help others to contemplate and learn. Again, thanks!

Chem-E

Lil-Rokslider
Great story. Ive been there, and the anguish can be unbearable at times. It takes a real hunter to live with it, to own it, and still remain proud and dignified. What Ive learned is, well, thats hunting. You step into the woods with the aim to kill. Your prey does not want to die. With that stacked deck anything can happen. Thats what makes hunting such a special adventure. You just cant predict with certainty what will happen, except that it will be full on.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
thanks everyone for taking the time to read the story. It is hard to admit when you don't do everything right. This buck cooled my jets on the long shots. I'm not ethically against them and may have to take another one, but I'm reminded to move slower and try to get closer- odds just get better for a clean kill.