The best vest-less system for turkey hunting (imo)

Amos Keeto

Lil-Rokslider
Picked up my vest prior to season one year! Dude went about 30 pounds!
Decided I wasn't doing that anymore.
I kept the vest because it has a pad to sit on. I'm down to a "push/pull", a wingbone yelper and one "peg & pot" call and a few more odds and ends. Weight is down to about 10 pounds now!
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid

TN2shot07

WKR
I’m not a big turkey hunter either, I can get by with a hunt comfort pad with a carabiner and my FHF chest rig.

I actually had one of the steelheads like the OP and found I would just overload it, too much room.

Pow

FNG
It is normally in the 20s before the sun comes up which requires a puffy for me and other layers I want to take off when it hits 40 a three hours later. I use a day pack. I think a bino harness is a must for merriams especially public land where they get call shy.

Just realized my nomad convertible vest turns into just a fanny pack with a seat. Think I’ll just do that to

Amos Keeto

Lil-Rokslider
I think I’ll just go without the pad and sit on the ground
Yeah, I've spent many hours with my keister planted on the dirt. At my age, I'll take whatever "padding" I can get!
Wet butt from damp ground used to not bother me. Now, avoiding discomfort is a concern. I have enough problems getting to a hunting spot. Comfort allows me to stay (hunt?) longer.

Does anyone use the FHF Chest Rig? I have been considering that.
I use one a lot for multiple things. I do like it for Turkey with a water bottle holder on the bottom and the turkey kit. However I use it less for Turkey than my vest because I like a place to put shed layers. It starts out pretty cold in CO. I also like the seat on my vest. I use a Sitka vest and it is pretty minimal. I use the chest rig a lot more for fishing and upland bird than Turkey. It is a great chest rig I think.

Weldor

WKR
Nice rig for sure, I'm getting old. I prefer a F150 on a Texas two track. LOL.

Honyock

WKR
I use a Knight & Hale Run-n-gun 200. All my calls are secured and easy to get to. I would lose my calls in a set up like the OP.

RedRidge

WKR
OP, nice setup. More details on your chicken blaster please. Those single shots sure do look light and handy.