The 22 creedmoor thread

Just picked up a factory take off barrel to have rechambered to 22CM. Wonder what velocity folks are seeing from 18” factory barrels with both factory ammo and reloads. Thanks.

amassi

WKR
Alright folks, I am pulling together my components now as my first barrel should be done in a month or two.

So, Peterson or Alpha? I am pretty convinced I am going to go LRP brass, but I could be persuaded into SRP if there is a good case to be made for it.

Both are fine
Alpha “hides” pressure better but has less capacity than Peterson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
Both are fine
Alpha “hides” pressure better but has less capacity than Peterson

Usually capacity sways me as a benefit, but seeing as how case fill is pretty much not a thing with 22 creed I’m glad I went alpha.

I had great luck with Peterson 0 issues I got 7 loads out of my batch running pretty hot and 0 annealing. That said I thought the alpha brass definitely took higher charges alot better like for like than Peterson did

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
Alright folks, I am pulling together my components now as my first barrel should be done in a month or two.

So, Peterson or Alpha? I am pretty convinced I am going to go LRP brass, but I could be persuaded into SRP if there is a good case to be made for it.
Only reason to go srp is if that’s all you got. Or your only shooting in warmer temps.

Alpha is more consistent than Peterson ime. Peterson isn’t bad either though. Alpha case heads are hard as shit and can take some firing before pushing pressure. The web area just dosnt grow like lapua or Peterson does to grab the chamber. That’s my experience with them.

If I were buying again I’d get whatever LRP brass was the cheapest between the two.