The 22 creedmoor thread

Trackselk

WKR
Just to add my similar speeds to the mix I get around 3600 with 18" and 68 grain monos. R17. ALPHA LRP lasting at least 5 firings. FWIW

huntnful

WKR
I don’t even hunt coyotes but these eld-vt velocities you guys are posting makes me want to have a 22 creed spun up to start!
Dude, hunting coyotes is an absolute blast after the big game season is over. I bet I get more adrenaline when I see a coyote coming to the call, than any big game animal I'm set up to kill. IDK why, but it definitely gets the blood pumping!

Gstew1930

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Dude, hunting coyotes is an absolute blast after the big game season is over. I bet I get more adrenaline when I see a coyote coming to the call, than any big game animal I'm set up to kill. IDK why, but it definitely gets the blood pumping!
Agreed!

omicron1792

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t even hunt coyotes but these eld-vt velocities you guys are posting makes me want to have a 22 creed spun up to start!
I’m getting 3450 from 100gr eld-vt from 20.5” 6.5prc. I’m sure you have a 6.5prc laying around. Ha

omicron1792

Lil-Rokslider
Same. Gets my blood pumping!

CMCctx

FNG
Is there a compelling reason why someone wouldn't build a 22CM gasser over a bolt gun? I have a Remington 600 in 243 and a large frame AR that I've got in pieces that needs to be put together. To get my foot in the door, seems to me like the gasser would be the fastest way to get up and running while I get a barrel for the bolt.

Both will ultimately be done, just running through options. Are there any inherent flaws to watch out for?

ACHILLES

Lil-Rokslider
For me it would be the weight of an ar-10 set up, too heavy. You can make them lighter but they don’t seem to function as well and have more recoil.

I would personally prefer an ar15 setup in 22arc but at longer ranges the 22CM will shine of course.

My smith did build a heavy one awhile back for himself with a MEGA setup, 26” barrel with 88gr eld

CMCctx

FNG
I don't have (within reason) any qualms with a heavy rifle. The barrel I just pulled from it was a super heavy profile .308. If I was in a hurry to get it back together today, I wouldn't have any heartache about continuing to use that barrel. If weight is the main problem, I can absolutely live with that!

turbo406

FNG
People call me crazy cause I live for calling coyotes, but when you get a good day calling it's amazing

Hart94

FNG
Classified Approved
I’m running 41.5gr of varget at 3625 out of an 18” with 62eld vts. Still need to shoot it a little more though.
Tested a piece of Hornady brass and got 6 firings out of it.
I'm using hornady brass as well, im on 9x firings. Primer pockets are starting to get pretty loose. If I want to stretch it out a little more, I throw a little bit of clear fingernail polish around the Primer after seating it. Definitely not recommending anyone do that, but it will get you a few more firings.

Hart94

FNG
Classified Approved
What’s your twist?

39 gr Varget yields 3654 fps out of my 22” barrel. That’s going 350k rpms with my 1:7.5 twist.

40 gr wasn’t as nice of an ES, but grouped very well. Velocity was 3728 and RPMs are 358k.

I’ll probably just load them with 39 gr of Varget to avoid jacket failures (although 350k RPMs is already up there)
I'm running an 8 twist