Texas school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been told there was a planned “senior walk” at Uvalde HS that was cancelled due to a known threat from this pos kid.

There was a BOLO for the kid and it ended with a chase, a wreck, and somehow the kid then managed to get into the elementary school.

I have not seen this reported. Can anyone confirm?

My wife is a 4th grade teacher. Two of my kids go to the same school with a third starting this year. It does make me nervous to send my kids to school but overall they are pretty safe there. We had to have a serious discussion tonight at dinner about what to do in this kind of situation. Also had to have a conversation about how guns are not the problem, it’s the people that are the problem.

Bluto

WKR
Nah, gun lobby will push to arm children instead.

Extremists on both ends leave zero room for actionable compromise and reduced gun violence.
Extremists. You mean like people who jump straight to ridiculous hyperbole like “gun lobby will push to arm children instead?”

There are baseline level ways to curb gun violence, that is true. Mostly, by actually enforcing the myriad of laws that already exist and stop making excuses for, and enabling, the people that break them.

Also maybe consider why it always happens in “gun free” zones. That’s an exercise in some high level common sense and you’d have to temper the extremism, but I have faith.

First and foremost, the victims should be the discussion. But they won’t. Doesn’t get the social media clicks.

Flyjunky

WKR
There is some irony there; arming a foreign society so they can defend their lives, while simultaneously disarming your own.
Pretty sad isn’t it!

It’s the same train of thought with Afghanistan….4 presidents, thousands dead, trillions of dollars spent, and what was the result? We replaced the taliban with the taliban, plus we armed them with our military equipment.

Giving others our weapons and the ability to defend themselves, or to use against us all the while stripping our rights to defend ourselves.

Ten Bears

WKR
I don’t understand why we never get a complete psychological profile of any of these incidents. The story simply disappears until it’s served it’s purpose.

What prescriptions are they on ?
What’s their home life like ?
What were the warning signs ?
Tell us about their family afterwards.
What video games and types of media were they involved in ?

Instead we blame a gun. It’s the laziest action possible. It solves absolutely nothing.

How many times do we have to watch these events happen and see that nearly EVERY time giant warning signs were ignored.

Instead we get to watch the media and politicians salivate on how they can use it to push their narrative. Or sweep it away if it doesn’t fit the correct one.

It’s all disgusting and tiresome.

Bluto

WKR
I don’t understand why we never get a complete psychological profile of any of these incidents. The story simply disappears until it’s served it’s purpose.
What prescriptions are they on ?
What’s their home life like ?
What were the warning signs ?
Tell us about their family afterwards.
What video games and types of media were they involved in ?

Instead we blame a gun. It’s the laziest action possible. It solves absolutely nothing.

How many times do we have to watch these events happen and see that nearly EVERY time giant warning signs were ignored.

Instead we get to watch the media and politicians salivate on how they can use it to push their narrative. Or sweep it away if it doesn’t fit the correct one.

It’s all disgusting and tiresome.
Excellent questions. Sometimes that info gets out, but to your point of not fitting an agenda, it’s not as publicized. And/or by the time it is released (depending on format) no one cares anymore.

The Miami shooting a few years back is a good example. Warning signs that were so apparent no one even tried to deny they were there - but local politics prevented action. So, blame the gun. By the time the book(s) printed, you couldn’t bother a cable news station to address it.

Ratbeetle

WKR
Interesting point someone made tonight on tv about having an armed officer at every single school.

If Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, etc had kids in school…..would there be armed agents at those schools?

You already know the answer to that. The "rules for thee, not for me" covid debacle should have made the fact that we are not equal under the law painfully obvious to everyone.

Everything is a power grab.

Flyjunky

WKR
I talked to my wife and she said all our grade schools have two sets of doors to control incoming personnel. You have to be buzzed in.

That would have solved that problem. Why our high school doesn't have that and many of your schools don't have that, is the question.
From what I heard, the shooter in Texas shot out the windows in the door to gain entry.

gwtravis

Lil-Rokslider
Down here the LE is stretched thin. State troopers and local sheriffs are overwhelmed with the “migrant” issue. They are non-stop busy. It can’t be stated enough.

It was a BP officer who stopped this guy. How backwards is that? We have local LE enforcing border issues 70 miles from the border while border patrol is stopping a school shooter 70 miles inside Texas.

It’s a tragedy what law enforcement must endure down here on the border. I’ll get off the soap box now because 18 children have been murdered. RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.