Texas Plinking 300/338 Lapua fail

TaperPin

WKR
I’ve seen multiple guys this past week between YouTube and real life that buy a custom 300 Norma or 338 Lapua and flinch so bad they struggle. I love big bores, but it doesn’t matter what a cartridge looks like on paper, or what the rifle cost to build, if it can’t be shot well I’m embarrassed for them. Every shooter should video themselves and do checks on flinching.

I'm by no means an advocate for big magnums but to be fair to him, it doesn't look like the 338LM shooter was flinching. Though it does perplex me that like 80% of the people who do that guy's challenge single feed their rounds. It usually makes them break their position each time they put a new round in.

Fred

Lil-Rokslider
I'm by no means an advocate for big magnums but to be fair to him, it doesn't look like the 338LM shooter was flinching. Though it does perplex me that like 80% of the people who do that guy's challenge single feed their rounds. It usually makes them break their position each time they put a new round in.
I have started watching the 1000 yd F-Class Finals Matches on YouTube. All of them shoot single shot and hand feed each round. Some right hand shooters favor a left ejection port to feed so as not to disrupt their position as much. Yet to each his own... But WoW they are winning or losing a match if they shot outside the 5 ring which is 5 inches. Amazing!

alexnelon

FNG
My favorite part was the 338 guy put basically all ten shots in the exact same spot, never made a wind correction based on the splash (probably didn’t even see it at 25x magnification), and then said he missed because the bullet wasn’t concentric in the bore.

The 300 Norma guy flinching with the safety on was crazy though. That and him positioning with his body as far away from the gun as he could get. I don’t understand why you would choose to shoot a cartridge that you’re physically afraid of.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
It’s tough watching these guys run a bolt action rifle the way they are. Not even the single shot aspect of it, that’s whatever, their manipulation of the bolt, lack of safety on/off before sight pictures/shots, terrible hand and arm positions.

At least these guys are out there and shooting, love to see it. They just need some pointers and to start from scratch on getting set up for shots and properly operating a hunting rifle.

huntnful

WKR
That guy with the 300 Norma was brutal to watch lol. And he talked the biggest game prior to shooting also. You can tell within 3 seconds of seeing him behind the rifle that he has absolutely zero skill set in driving a rifle. But you sure wouldn't have known that from just listening to him talk haha. I've seen that in basically every aspect of my life so far. There are talkers, and there are doers. And they are rarely the same person hahaha.

Also seeing every one of them put their bipods on that squishy unstable shooting mat, instead of moving it so that they can touch directly to the ground really hurt my feelings :ROFLMAO:

OP
TaperPin

TaperPin

WKR
I'm by no means an advocate for big magnums but to be fair to him, it doesn't look like the 338LM shooter was flinching.
At the time I first watched the video at least one shot from the 338 had a very pronounced flinch on a direct side view so it was very clear, or so it seemed at the time. His shooting isn’t bad. I rewatched the video after seeing your comment thinking it was odd, and the flinching is not there. Not saying the flinch was edited out (there are a few shots where the camera is switched to one with a different angle) - for all I know it was my Covid brain being a little loopy, but it’s definitely not shown on the current video.

Interesting to see what different people do for pre-shot routines and how they make adjustments.

Couple of those guys were having a helluva time working the bolts.