Texas 600+ yard range?

I’m sure this has been asked and I’ve searched but can’t find any threads.

Most of the ranges near me (I live in Waxahachie) require expensive memberships. And that’s just not economically feasible for me and my hunting partners.

Does anyone know about any ranges within a days drive of Dallas that a fellow can work on stretching out his shooting?

(For those not from Texas: there are no public land ranges or any public land that can be used for shooting).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tx_300wsm

FNG
Poetry shooting club near Terrell. I think it goes out to 700 yards and you get the range to yourself, renting it for two hours at a time

OP
jeffhelland
Poetry shooting club near Terrell. I think it goes out to 700 yards and you get the range to yourself, renting it for two hours at a time

I’ll look it up. Thanks.

tak

WKR
You can go to Decatur to Fossil Pointe for a daily fee. $40/day I think. They will make you do a qualification. Range goes to 800

Also, a new range is opening in September out near Lipan. Look up Gravestone Precision on Facebook. They are planning on daily rates as well, just have to be registered as a "member" but doesn't look like you have to do a full annual membership. This will be a very good range, owned by a PRS shooter, and the range manager is going to be the guy that used to run Triple C in Cresson before it had to close. Triple C was amazing.

Last edited:

TheHammer

WKR
There was/is a place right by my sisters house that supposedly goes 1000yd. She’s just south of benbrooke off 377. Not sure if that got developed up around there. Been 3 years since I’ve visited.

tak

WKR
There was/is a place right by my sisters house that supposedly goes 1000yd. She’s just south of benbrooke off 377. Not sure if that got developed up around there. Been 3 years since I’ve visited.

That was Triple C, it was awesome, went to 2000 yards. Unfortunately it had to close.

Most of the ranges near me (I live in Waxahachie) require expensive memberships. And that’s just not economically feasible for me and my hunting partners.

Does anyone know about any ranges within a days drive of Dallas that a fellow can work on stretching out his shooting?

(For those not from Texas: there are no public land ranges or any public land that can be used for shooting).

Im a member of the range in waxahachie and it the membership is worth it. Keeps a lot of rif-raf out. I get that its expensive, but if you bite the bullet you will not regret it.

Other than that, Tac_pro in mingus is the only range i know of that you can shoot 600 yards without a membership

Harvey_NW

WKR
I had a Drill Sgt that used to smoke soldiers from Texas for being from Texas, and would randomly shout "F*CK TEXAS" in their faces.

I get it now.

Big rock gun club over by gun barrel city has 500
Tac pro over by Stephenville has 1k
Hearts of texas silhouette (hotsa) not sure if still up left texas 4 years ago had 500 and I think was about to bump to 700.
In general you are screwed. 1st and third private. 2nd had to shoot matches til you proved capability to bill. No public land places I found to shoot in eastern side in my time there.

Triple C shutdown sucked they had great competitions.

RWT

WKR
Texas gun ranch is 500 yards

Dietz in New Braunfels. Call and ask how to shoot at the CTSC which goes to 600 yards. You used to have to belong to the Central Texas Silhouette Club to shoot there. It’s been 20 years since I e been to Dietz’s so I am certain it changed.

Eagle peak to 300 yards

TheHammer

WKR
That was Triple C, it was awesome, went to 2000 yards. Unfortunately it had to close.
Dang! That was one of the few reasons I was going to go back down there. It was pretty sweet to look at the one morning i was jogging past. Here in Wi everything is membership based and very few places past 300yds anymore. Vortex has 1100yds, but you have to take their school to use the range. So it’s a very similar scenario.

Minnesota sucks like that too so I feel for ya.. I'll say that i don't have much appetite for the way most public ranges in the east are run or being around the people that frequent them!

Colorado really impressed me with their public ranges. holy cats are you guys spoiled in that regard.

Kurts86

WKR
Unless you live in a state with a bunch of BLM land it can’t be understated how valuable it is to belong to a private range. You will be surrounded by a much higher skill level of shooter and learn a lot. You show up, talk to guys about their cool guns and often get to shoot them. You have a calendar of competitions and training classes to raise your skill level. You aren’t usually just joining a range but often a social circle that will raise your skill level.

Hondo64d

Lil-Rokslider

John