Terminal performance: 69tmk vs 77tmk?

OP
sierracharlie338
Sorry I know this is an old thread but would the 20-30% loss in penetration be a deal breaker on large white tail and mule deer. I know the 77 is ideal but I can’t find any 77’s or gold dots or 73 eldm’s. I’m picking up a 8 twist tikka varmint this week and I’m looking for a bullet for targets coyotes. I probably won’t use it for deer this season because I would prefer to get more trigger time behind the gun befor I commit to deer with it but next season it is a real possibility. The 75gr Hornady bthp is another option I can find but I remember you talking about them being fairly inconsistent
Based on experience posted by other hunters the 69 seems to work decently well just not to the extent of the 77. Would be ideal for paper/metal/yotes IMO.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Sorry I know this is an old thread but would the 20-30% loss in penetration be a deal breaker on large white tail and mule deer. I know the 77 is ideal but I can’t find any 77’s or gold dots or 73 eldm’s. I’m picking up a 8 twist tikka varmint this week and I’m looking for a bullet for targets coyotes. I probably won’t use it for deer this season because I would prefer to get more trigger time behind the gun befor I commit to deer with it but next season it is a real possibility. The 75gr Hornady bthp is another option I can find but I remember you talking about them being fairly inconsistent

Nope. Kill on.

Reactions: Poe

Lawnboi

WKR

Merry Christmas.

Shotgunman28

FNG
Classified Approved

Merry Christmas.
Man thank you!! Tired of spending double..

Shotgunman28

FNG
Classified Approved
If you are going to shoot a lot, go ahead and seeing for the 500 pack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I already had a box of 500 didn’t want to be the guy that buys all of the ammo lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poe

FNG

Merry Christmas.
Thanks a bunch but I haven’t found a store yet that will ship from the US to Canada. I did manage to find a place in Canada finally with some 73gr eldm’s in stock that I can try out for now