Telescope for daughter

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
All,

This is the closest group I could find to post in-hope there are some more knowledgeable folks in here than me.

My daughter wants a telescope for Christmas and I don’t know the first thing about them. Google lies, as every site is a paid link to a product these days. Hoping to hear from fellow outdoorsmen some first hand info.
She is 8 and I don’t want to buy junk, but also nothing high end as it may not get used often.
Thanks in advance 👍🇺🇸

Hi
MANY years ago we sold telescopes. Not much has changed in the 15 years since we did as far as what brand to go with. The only way to go is Meade and Celestron. Both companies have dealer locators on their websites.
They do not make any bad scopes. All a question of the budget.
We stopped selling them because, at the time, our NYC store did not have enough room to store the backup stock on the bigger scopes.
Hope that helps you

Can't help you other than that the primary astronomy forum is cloudynights, and there should be plenty of good advice there...

Had no idea so many would be out of stock?! Thank you all, I did find one. Always can count on the Slide-

It seems every hobby is out of stock for everything now. Hopefully, you can find one. You can also check out company 7 in MD if you are unable to find one in stock. They are one of few astronomy shops still in existance.

Back