Technical Orange Vests

Hi All,

For those of us that have to wear them, is there something like a light weight softshell vest in orange out there? I realized something like the OR Ferrosi material would be nice so at least it can be used in a layering system rather than just a cheap piece of material that just collects water and snags on things. . .

Any leads on something like this?

The Guide

WKR
I have an orange wool vest I use for layering with a puffy coat once it gets cold enough that my orange Carhart heavyweight sweatshirt isn't enough to keep me warm. I run hotter than most and do a lot of still hunting in the snow and cold. Your hunting style will dictate your layering needs.

Jay

Wolfshead

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll second Kuiu.
They have the precision hunting vest in orange and the peloton 240 vest in orange.
I have both vests, but my peloton is not orange. I use the peloton as a mid layer, and like it a lot.
The precision is nice two and very light kinda stretchy

mgmicky

Lil-Rokslider
I have an Orvis soft shell orange vest that I like a lot. I think it’s called the pro vest or something like that. Very similar to an older Sitka Jetstream vest that I have.

I just picked up the Kuiu DCS for the same reasons you mentioned. Seems well constructed. No field use yet.

Poser

WKR
I have the Kuiu Peleton jacket in Orange as a mid layer. I do still carry an orange aglow vest to wear over my puffy, but hoping to see more orange layering options in the future including an orange puffy.

Wright406

WKR
Kuiu Precision Hunter vest for me. Took it to a seamstress to put a full length zipper in and it’s perfect.

Love my Element Outdoors Peak vest. Good fit, pocket layout is great, super quiet for a soft shell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro