Team elk thoughts?

I’m looking at purchasing a frame bag, for mainly daily trips but the random 3-5 day camping trips as well. Do you think a team elk will work well?

It’s a little small for the multi day trips. I looked at it briefly a couple years ago, didn’t like the empty weight and the gun scabbard is one of the most inconvenient ways to haul a rifle around. I like the kuiu system much better.

OP
CarlitoElPipo
It’s a little small for the multi day trips. I looked at it briefly a couple years ago, didn’t like the empty weight and the gun scabbard is one of the most inconvenient ways to haul a rifle around. I like the kuiu system much better.
So I was also considering kifaru and maybe a 3-5 day pack with a used frame. Hopefully I can find something in classified

Marble

WKR
So I was also considering kifaru and maybe a 3-5 day pack with a used frame. Hopefully I can find something in classified
I love Kifaru packs, but they aren't for everyone. Luckily, there are lots of options.

Getting a pack/ frame system where you can change the pack is a great option. There are used packs for sale here quite regularly. Keep browsing and you'll eventually find something that fits with what you need.

I wouldn't decide on what pack to get based on the size and configuration you'll need to get your camp in and out of the backcountry. Consider having your camp and adding some meat to it. Lots of options there and you have plenty of time to get the right pack for you.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Yeah, packs are such an individual thing. Had a couple of Eberlestocks and didn't like them. Tried the KUIU packs and the fit me well, so have been using those for the last 10 years. Ive tried on some of the Kifaru packs and they are nice. Heavy, but nice. Just keep trying. Used is a good way to do that and you don't lose as much when trying to resell.

280Ackley

WKR
It’s a glorified day pack at best. I got a screaming deal on one and used it for an elk hunt. It was miserable!! I sold it immediately. I ended up getting EXO K2 3500 and haven’t looked back. I’ve used it for everything and absolutely love it.