teach me about wood stoves

or point me in the right direction of some resources, please.

I have a SO BT2 and cimarron, and I am excited about the idea of heat in the winter. I know absolutely nothing about packable stoves except on the few youtube videos I have watched they sound like a car crash when they are being set up and look like really good way to aquire new scars.
If I couldn't have a stove that would work for both my tents I would choose one that would work with the cimmaron.
My only preferences are I would like to cook on it and I would take a little added weight in trade for easier set up and take down if that is possible.

any stoves that have newb written all over them? Any stoves you would never buy again?
Thanks in advance.

Lite Outdoors 18" stove was great for me. Easy set up and huge front door.

This season I'm gonna try a Kifaru Smith stove to save a pound and less parts to keep up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reaper

WKR
Liteoutdoors cylinder stove with top rods youll be able to cook on it without problems and they are more airtight VS box stove IMO.A 12" long is good for the bt2...they also sell 12 and 18" combo so you can switch the bodys and use the 18" in a bigger shelter.They are Canadians...like me mouhahaha!!!

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk

Zoo Keeper

Lil-Rokslider
I got the med stove from SO when I ordered the cimarron. I couldn't be happier with it. It's compact (haven't packed it in, only used trucks camping), goes together easy, easy to get a fire going, can cook on it. Like most of these types of stoves, I wish it burned longer, but it's an obvious trade off.

Tsnider

WKR
x2 on the SO medium stove. theres no brain activity involved in assembly and it can be cooked on. they have a nice big door on them.

Derek0525

WKR
The SO stoves are pretty easy to put together I had a medium for my Cimarron but bought the large upgrade and think I'm going to like the size of the large better. But the medium did get the tent pretty warm fast.

wooduckman

Lil-Rokslider
I built my own a couple weeks ago using this thread- Hill People Gear | Make your own woodstove. The most expensive part was the stove pipe and based on the test burn, it will heat the tent just fine. Let me know if you have questions and I'll try my best to answer!

Turns out I'm not very good at posting pictures... any idea why they're rotated? They're upright on my computer.

View attachment 45344
View attachment 45345

Lil-Rokslider
My son gave me a SO XXL SS stove for Christmas. I can't wait to try it out in my Luna 6. I want be backpacking mine so I wanted the bigger stove for longer burn times/cooking.

OP
skaldugwas
Greeeeeat... now my brain is cranking on building my own stove. Excite.