Talk to your children :(

GSPHUNTER

WKR
My nephews 14 year old daughter commit suicide after constant bullying at school and social media. They had put her in s different school and she was in counseling, but the bullying just would not stop. I have said for many years social media is the worse thing that has ever happened. Please talk to your children and grandkids, even it there are no signs of a problem, they tend to keep it locked up inside and there is big part of the problem. Talk to them, and maybe save a life and lots of pain and suffering. this may be the worse thing that has ever happened in my rather large family. So vey sad. :( :(:cry:

Scoot

WKR
Oooofff, I'm sorry to hear. Suicide is a sad and tough deal- I've certainly dealt with it in my life and it's rough. Regarding social media- I agree wholeheartedly. There are some positives with social media, but the other 98% is just garbage and yuck.

Bobbyboe

WKR
What a terrible situation, I’m so sorry for your loss.

Social media is the worst thing a child/teenager can be connected to. The stresses of everyday life is bad enough, but TikTok, Snapchat and other platforms just add to it. Again, I’m sorry your family has to go through this.

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider
My niece committed suicide 5 years ago her freshman year of college. Tore my brother and her twin brother up bad, me too - she was our little Katie-Bug. One of a few tragedies our family has endured the last 5-10 years. Hang tough as a family, it gets easier.
Parents have got to stay on top of what their teenagers are doing online even if they resent you for it. There is so much garbage out there that they can be exposed to. A teenager can't be bullied online or through social media if they aren't on it.

xsn10s

WKR
I'm very sorry to hear of your/ your family's loss. And for the others that have lost loved ones due to bullying. Prayers that you and yours will be comforted and guided during these difficult times.

schmalzy

WKR
My heart breaks for your family. Prayers sent. As awful as it is, thank you for sharing this brutal situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SWOHTR

WKR
Before opening the thread I knew what this was about. My heart goes out to all of those affected. Of note, September is suicide awareness/prevention month - please check in on your people.

I lost a coworker earlier this month to suicide in the county jail. It hits home and is very sad.

Seeking help is not weakness!

parents allow their kids to virtually live on their cell phones......at all ages, unchecked. I see it every day where even kids that are 5 years old have a cell phone. why? as bad as it is for those suffering suicide and my heart goes out to them, society reaps what it sows. this will continue until parents wise up. unfortunately, they havent and wont. know what your kids are doing, where they are going and who they are hanging out with, even when they are in college.

KBC

WKR
I don’t know about anyone else but I used to interpret things like this as “make sure you check on your kids for depression” etc.
Now that my kids are growing, I’ve realized that’s only 50% of it.
Make sure your kids aren’t bullies either.

Yeah talking with kids seems to get overlooked. I honestly never had a lot of real talks with my folks in my teen years. I had some serious talks with my 15yo step son over the last few weeks. Its not easy

I'm so sorry for your loss. You raise a good point though, social media definitely seems to have more of a negative impact with today's youth