Take care of your teeth

Doj4Whlr

Lil-Rokslider
Have you ever been in the field, chewing on some GORP and suddenly a filling falls out or a tooth cracks? This can create quite an uncomfortable situation when you're in the wilderness. While we're getting physically and mentally prepared during the off-season this year, just a reminder- take care of your teeth, see your dentist. BTW, I'm not a dentist.

R

rebecca francis

Ok here is a dental emergency tip: Both my husband and father-in-law are dentists and on one hunting trip one of the guys broke a filling out. My father-in-law had him put some pine gum in the filling and bite down to seal it off until they got home. It worked good. True story. But definitely see your dentist before going. I get to see mine everyday! ;)

My cousin was guiding for an outfitter in Wyoming when he got an absessed (spelling) tooth on the first day of the season. He had to come home to Utah to have it taken care of. He ended up missing like 4 days of hunting. I dont know why he didn't just find the closest dentist, but its something I have thought about ever since.