Tac vanes brittle?

Ehunter56

FNG
Anyone else run into the Tac vanes being really brittle in cold weather? Shot a doe this last winter (Jan.) on a 25 degree day. Shooting the matrix vanes, 2.1 inch. Clean double lung pass through, just ribs and lung. Looked at the arrow, and the vanes were basically shattered in the middle. Bases still stuck down, but cracked all through the middle of the vane. Made me switch back to my old Q2i Fusions. Never had a problem with them, just wanted to try something new.

Lowg08

WKR
I haven’t had any issues with mine and I have them on multiple different sets. Mine and ones I’ve built for people.

I haven’t experienced that, but those things have the worst memory of any vane I’ve used. They are just too high maintenance. From the process to get them to stick to the need to always replace them, I’ve tapped out. Q2i gets my nod as well.

Kyle C

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't had any issues either. In fact the opposite. I was astonished on how tough and well they hold shape after going through something tough.

Maybe a bad batch?

OP
Ehunter56

Ehunter56

FNG
I've got no idea what caused it. Never seen it happen before on any vane I have ever shot. It was just like the middle of the vane had almost exploded. Cracks all over the place. The buck I shot in warmer weather, complete pass through, and no vane damage. Only difference was the outside temperature. About 20 degrees colder on the doe shot.