Tac-sol 10/22

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Does anybody have a tacsol 10/22? I need a new 22 and I see they make a supressor ready one with a hogue stock, chanted rail all that. The one I’m looking at has sort of a built in shroud to cover the silencer. It seems like it would fit the bill.

Are there any other custom type 10/22 makers to look at?

Thanks!!!

Encore4me

FNG
Does anybody have a tacsol 10/22? I need a new 22 and I see they make a supressor ready one with a hogue stock, chanted rail all that. The one I’m looking at has sort of a built in shroud to cover the silencer. It seems like it would fit the bill.

Thanks!!!

Kidd! Very accurate and suppressor ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Ruger 10/22 that is suppressor ready, with a hogue stock and pic rail base for an optic. The barrel is long, 20” I think. It shoots incredibly well.IMG_8569.jpeg

Last edited:

Thanks!!!
I have not bought a .22 rifle from them but I did buy their receiver bolt combo and mated it with their Tacsol barrel placed into a Hogue stock. It has a Ruger trigger group with a Volquartsen target hammer.
I like it very much and it's extremely accurate!

DocHogan

FNG
I also have a new Ruger 10/22, pictany rail for scope mount, synthetic stock. I was planning to put an early 1970’s Weatherby Premiere 3x9x40 scope on it that’s been in the back of my safe for 30 years. The problem is I do not remember how to unlock the focus adjustment. Any help would be appreciated.IMG_2801.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2800.jpeg
    IMG_2800.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 4

FB Trout

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Tac-sol barrel with the shroud on a Ruger factory receiver and a Kidd trigger in a Hogue stock. A Liberty Regulator is used to suppress it. Very quiet and very accurate.

The TacSol with the shroud is called the SB-X, and I have had a few, but only have one right now. They are a great barrel, be sure that the mount end of your suppressor does not unscrew from the main body though, or it will stay inside the shroud when you try to remove the can. If that is what you have, the regular TacSol 16" barrels are great too, I'm going to be listing one soon since I'm switching over to more of a bench set up on on 10/22.

FB Trout

Lil-Rokslider
The TacSol with the shroud is called the SB-X, and I have had a few, but only have one right now. They are a great barrel, be sure that the mount end of your suppressor does not unscrew from the main body though, or it will stay inside the shroud when you try to remove the can. If that is what you have, the regular TacSol 16" barrels are great too, I'm going to be listing one soon since I'm switching over to more of a bench set up on on 10/22.
This is a very good point and why I use the Liberty Regulator, it has left hand threads on the core to the mount so it won’t leave the mount on the threads when taking it out of the shroud. Here’s the rifle I have.

IMG_5192.jpeg

Top 10/22 has a regular TacSol barrel, middle is a TacSol SB-X on a 10/22 takedown receiver, bottom is a TacSol Owyhee (which is basically just a take down bolt action 10/22) with a TacSol TSS integral suppressed barrel. I run my YHM Mite on the SBX since it has a fixed rear cap and won’t unscrew inside.

IMG_3717.jpeg

So if your rear cap unscrews inside that shroud, are you just hosed? Or will the shroud come off?

Shroud does not come off, but there's tools you can use to get it out.

Good to know, I think both of my 22nsilencersmwouldnprobably unscrew from the bottom.
The shroud is pinned, thats the only reason it can exist without a tax stamp, otherwise its just a 10" barrel on a rifle. Some suppressors will have a way to unscrew the base cap if it comes off the can, and there is a tool available for a couple of those cans, but I wouldn't count on that as a solution. My buddy got his fully stuck in one, and had to cut a couple extra slots in the shroud to get to the cap and turn it off.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The shroud is pinned, thats the only reason it can exist without a tax stamp, otherwise its just a 10" barrel on a rifle. Some suppressors will have a way to unscrew the base cap if it comes off the can, and there is a tool available for a couple of those cans, but I wouldn't count on that as a solution. My buddy got his fully stuck in one, and had to cut a couple extra slots in the shroud to get to the cap and turn it off.
Dang….so maybe I shouldn’t be looking at the model with the shroud. That’s a bummer.

Dang….so maybe I shouldn’t be looking at the model with the shroud. That’s a bummer.
You'll be fine, put some rocket on that suppressor cap and grease the barrel threads. Don't leave the suppressor installed to corrode and set in tightly. My suppressor completely disassembles into pieces for cleaning and I've not had an issue.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
You'll be fine, put some rocket on that suppressor cap and grease the barrel threads. Don't leave the suppressor installed to corrode and set in tightly. My suppressor completely disassembles into pieces for cleaning and I've not had an issue.
I guess that would be the trick, taking the thing off and keeping it rock setted together.