Tac-sol 10/22

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Also as mentioned above, cutting a few slots in the shroud isn't a big deal, shroud is only there to keep you legal anyway. Not gonna hurt it to have some extra cuts. IMO the benefits outweigh the risk.
What do the cuts do? Just allow you to get a grip with a wrench?

Not sure because I haven't had to do it but looking at mine, yes, that's what I'd imagine, just need it to move really then you're good. I think with some creativity it could be a fun project with lots of engineering fluid (beer) if it comes up. I imagine myself mocking you sort of a mini oil filter wrench type of gizmo lol.

My buddy cut a couple slots so he could push right on the stuck part and turn it off with a delrin punch. The factory slots in the shroud are too high up, they're just there so the ATF can't say the shroud itself is a suppressor.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Top 10/22 has a regular TacSol barrel, middle is a TacSol SB-X on a 10/22 takedown receiver, bottom is a TacSol Owyhee (which is basically just a take down bolt action 10/22) with a TacSol TSS integral suppressed barrel. I run my YHM Mite on the SBX since it has a fixed rear cap and won’t unscrew inside.

View attachment 732408
I found a pretty good deal on a non-sbx x-ring with a hogue stock so I ordered it up. I’ll use it with my dead air mask 22 or my banish 22. I ordered some rings for it and a bunch of 10/22 magazines. I’ll put my tract 3-9 rimfire scope on it.

It will make a solid ptarmigan gun to use on my snowmobile all winter/spring.

I found a pretty good deal on a non-sbx x-ring with a hogue stock so I ordered it up. I’ll use it with my dead air mask 22 or my banish 22. I ordered some rings for it and a bunch of 10/22 magazines. I’ll put my tract 3-9 rimfire scope on it.

It will make a solid ptarmigan gun to use on my snowmobile all winter/spring.
It’ll be a perfect gun for that, enjoy. I hope to chase grouse with my Owyhee someday. I actually traded the regular TS barrel to my buddy to get the standard SBX that the got the can stuck on back. He had elongated one of the slots, so I just finished the job, widening it to the width of the burr I had and making it look uniform. IMG_3723.jpeg

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
It’ll be a perfect gun for that, enjoy. I hope to chase grouse with my Owyhee someday.
I’m excited to use this new gun for the grouse opener on August 10th.

Me and a few friends have a tradition (past 5-6 years) to go out super early for the grouse opener.

I’m thinking of also getting an owyee, those look awesome, in fact, had I done a bit more research I may have just gotten one instead.

How do you like yours? Do you shoot it suppressed? Is it pretty quiet?

I’m excited to use this new gun for the grouse opener on August 10th.

Me and a few friends have a tradition (past 5-6 years) to go out super early for the grouse opener.

I’m thinking of also getting an owyee, those look awesome, in fact, had I done a bit more research I may have just gotten one instead.

How do you like yours? Do you shoot it suppressed? Is it pretty quiet?

My Owyhee originally came with a standard 16” barrel, I shot it mostly with a Mask or TBAC TD22. It’s great, much quieter than any semi 22. TacSol says the TSS integral suppressed barrel doesn’t fit the Owyhee, but a couple minutes with a hand file to clearance for the second extractor and it fit perfect. The integral is quiet on another level and keeps it a one stamp gun. I’m planning on building a two stamp off a VQ Summit, similar concept.