T3X Super lite stock/chassis recommendations?

ZackP

WKR
Just bought a Super Lite in 7mm08 and as all factory stocks, this one isn’t fantastic. I’ve ran an MDT before but am currently looking at the KRG Bravo for relatively lighter weight, functionality, and price.

I love AICS mags and this will primarily be dedicated for mule deer 600 and under with some paper punching.

Any other suggestions? I’m not against traditional stocks either, but the adjustable cheek weld helps tremendously.

OP
ZackP

ZackP

WKR
That’s pretty much what I am leaning towards. Just seems like there are so many out there I’ve never heard of or don’t think of until after I pull the trigger on something.

There's plenty of options from many companies for different stocks and chassis. Do you have any preference for a folding stock? Do you prefer a vertical grip or a sporter type grip?

Once you figure out what you don't like or need, it's makes the decision easier. Unfortunately the wait time for almost anything is terrible, but the Bravo checks alot of boxes if you're on a tight budget and in a hurry.

OP
ZackP

ZackP

WKR
There's plenty of options from many companies for different stocks and chassis. Do you have any preference for a folding stock? Do you prefer a vertical grip or a sporter type grip?

Once you figure out what you don't like or need, it's makes the decision easier. Unfortunately the wait time for almost anything is terrible, but the Bravo checks alot of boxes if you're on a tight budget and in a hurry.

I’ve never ran a folding stock so I can’t answer to that. It’s actually a wash for me on vertical and spotter/traditional as I have both on my rifles.

Budget is a big thing to consider as I still need glass for the rifle amongst other odds and ends for the rifle. If my findings are correct it should add roughly 1.5 lbs to the factory weight once you remove the old stock.

If you're on a tight budget and you want it for this season I'd grab a Bravo and go for it. If you decide that you'd prefer something else the Bravo has pretty good resale value.

Just bought a Super Lite in 7mm08 and as all factory stocks, this one isn’t fantastic. I’ve ran an MDT before but am currently looking at the KRG Bravo for relatively lighter weight, functionality, and price.

I love AICS mags and this will primarily be dedicated for mule deer 600 and under with some paper punching.

Any other suggestions? I’m not against traditional stocks either, but the adjustable cheek weld helps tremendously.
Why buy a superlite and then add 1.5lbs of weight to it with a heavy stock?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Anyone have a total weight with a Superlite, Bravo and scope?

8lbs 7oz with Sportsmatch rings and a 20oz scope.

Why buy a superlite and then add 1.5lbs of weight to it with a heavy stock?

Because it allows you to have a relatively normal weight rifle that tracks in recoil like a competition rifle and holds zero like a boss.

Juan_ID

WKR
I have been pretty happy with my allterra stocks, a good option if you can find one. Sold one and am regretting it now… 🥹 I also want to try a bravo tho, they’re intriguing.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Fwiw the mesa is the worst vertical grip stock Iv ever shot when it comes to ergonomics and managing recoil.

The Mesa is terrible. Most stocks are poorly designed for modern optics and shooting. Altera, Gunwerks, some chassis are significantly better.

My Superlite in a XLR Element 3.0 with empty 10rd metal mag, magpul bipod, Bushnell 6500, and a 4"Arca rail is right at ten pounds. Agree with above post about the Mesa. I thought it was my shooting technique that caused it to feel jumpy when shooting. After using the XLR, I know that was just the Mesa. I would carry the XLR over the MESA just due to how much better I shoot it even if there is a slight weight penalty. Solid stock, just doesn't work for my personal ergonomics or some others.

I’ve had both the xlr and the mdt. Both are good in my opinion. XLR has given me great customer service so I’d lean that way if you want a folding stock. If you don’t need that, then I’d grab a KRG bravo. I have my tikka 270wsm in one (KRG) and I will stick with it for hunting as I like the feel of it and it’s rock solid (the xlr is solid too).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SouthPaw

WKR
I just switched my hunting rifle from a Mesa to a Bravo and the difference in recoil is dramatic. Yes I had to modify the Bravo for lefty and it weighs a pound more but it was worth it. Lots of muzzle jump with the Mesa is now completely under control with the Bravo, super comfortable to get behind and execute good shots. I did throw my .223 into the Mesa and I like it over the factory stock.