T3X Super lite stock/chassis recommendations?

Significantly easier to shoot stock.

Fwiw the mesa is the worst vertical grip stock Iv ever shot when it comes to ergonomics and managing recoil.
I'm running an Altitude on a LH Tikka. Rig has a LRHS 3-12. Overall, pretty happy with it. While it's not the best vertical grip I've ran, I don't think it's that bad. To me, it seems bulky around the pistol grip, and I have much larger than average hands, so I can't see it being everyone's cup of tea.

I actually never minded the factory handles on Tikkas all that much; as far as plastic stocks go, they're about as good as it gets. I run a Beartooth neoprene sleeve with foam spacers to get the comb where I need it. Have multiple rigs set up this way, and I do just as well with them as I do with anything else.

Lawnboi

WKR
I'm running an Altitude on a LH Tikka. Rig has a LRHS 3-12. Overall, pretty happy with it. While it's not the best vertical grip I've ran, I don't think it's that bad. To me, it seems bulky around the pistol grip, and I have much larger than average hands, so I can't see it being everyone's cup of tea.

I actually never minded the factory handles on Tikkas all that much; as far as plastic stocks go, they're about as good as it gets. I run a Beartooth neoprene sleeve with foam spacers to get the comb where I need it. Have multiple rigs set up this way, and I do just as well with them as I do with anything else.
The problem isn’t the vertical grip per say, it’s the drop at the heel of the stock far below centerline of the bore. Iv shot the same rifles, back to back in an altitude and others. The altitude makes managing recoil almost impossible placing the fulcrum in which recoil pushes below the center of the bore. If that makes sense.

Going from an altitude to say a eh1 or a bravo is immediately apparent when shooting them.

The other downside is that angle on the bottom of the back end, that’s not as big of a deal I feel as the above though.

I’d use the factory stock long before I spent money on an altitude

EcoastDG

Lil-Rokslider
I have 3 tikkas in different stocks. McMillan, Grayboe, and an XLR. For weight savings I like my McMillan. The grayboe is on my wife’s 7mm 08. However, the XLR is by far my favorite stock/chassis. The ability to adjust it just for me is great. The ability to fold it to a compact package is a huge bonus. KRG makes great stocks too (I have 2 Remingtons in Krgs) but for me the XLR beats it hands down.

The problem isn’t the vertical grip per say, it’s the drop at the heel of the stock far below centerline of the bore. Iv shot the same rifles, back to back in an altitude and others. The altitude makes managing recoil almost impossible placing the fulcrum in which recoil pushes below the center of the bore. If that makes sense.

Going from an altitude to say a eh1 or a bravo is immediately apparent when shooting them.

The other downside is that angle on the bottom of the back end, that’s not as big of a deal I feel as the above though.

I’d use the factory stock long before I spent money on an altitude

I knew what you're getting at with the attributes of the Altitude's vertical grip, and I don't disagree with your observations on it. I just haven't found it to be as impactful to my overall performance with it in that regard. FWIW, the Altitude I have is on a 300 win mag.

Lawnboi

WKR
I knew what you're getting at with the attributes of the Altitude's vertical grip, and I don't disagree with your observations on it. I just haven't found it to be as impactful to my overall performance with it in that regard. FWIW, the Altitude I have is on a 300 win mag.
I think the vertical grip on the altitude is great. I just don’t understand why stock makers continue to pump out Monte Carlo style cheek pieces and when we now know they hinder muzzle control during recoil.

That said a 300 win mag in a sub 10lb gun is going to kick your ass regardless of stock selection.

I think the vertical grip on the altitude is great. I just don’t understand why stock makers continue to pump out Monte Carlo style cheek pieces and when we now know they hinder muzzle control during recoil.

That said a 300 win mag in a sub 10lb gun is going to kick your ass regardless of stock selection.
After I typed my response, I was thinking that the recoil on that rig might be substantial enough that the difference in felt reaction between stock designs isn't that noticable; it's just a handful either way. It's lightweight, and there's a big fuel tank.

Despite the recoil, the rig in reference is impressive in what it can do as far as grouping and consistency. I originally bought it as a donor to build a fast twist .284 on, but made the mistake of shooting it as is. I have a number of accurate rigs, but this Tikka is in a league of its own as far as what it will do with just about any ammo you stuff in it. I wish it were twisted a touch faster, but there's plenty of good projectiles that it likes. I recently picked up another donor LH Tikka, this one in 300 WSM. I'm not planning to shoot this one before rebarreling it.