T3's dialed in

ST52v

WKR
Well with some good customer service from warne and help from a good buddy the 7mag t3's are dialed in. I originally went with warne rings that were designed for the dove tail. Warne sent me some weaver type bases and a set of low and medium rings for each t3. My buddy mounted them up for us and worked up some loads. He also adjusted the triggers and removed the pressure points. He loaded 3 rounds using the 140 AB and 3 rounds with the 168 Berger hybrids. He set the oal as long as he could and still fit in the clip. He called me up and said they are shooting like tikka's should. Last weekend we tested them again along with some loads using H1000 and retumbo. I got some factorys to shoot around 1 inch. The H 1000 and retumbo were 1 3/4 and 1 1/4 groups. His load still shot under 1". I could not believe it when he showed me the can of H4350. I will do some more testing after the season but since we leave for Wyoming in a few weeks we will leave it alone for now. Consistent accuracy is what I was after and both t3's love these loads. With a sims pad my father in law can shoot the 7 mag with no issues and he is almost 70. We have also come to the conclusion that the led sled caused his scope to move with the original warne mounts. Recoiling into a hard back wall made the scope slide forward. Here are some pics. Robin

OP
S

ST52v

WKR
100 yds 140ab's.
2013-09-21_13-09-17_115_zpsa810e46f.jpg

OP
S

ST52v

WKR
I had a few other targets but my father in law threw them out before I could get pics.

WKR
Looks like all you need now is a knife, coolers, and ice. Nice shooting.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Looking good.

My buddy's scope was also sliding in the rings when we were shooting his 7 mag in a lead sled.

I prefer shooting from a rest that doesn't hold the stock as firmly as the lead sled.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
That'll do for sure!!! Look forward to seeing what you end up topping over with that setup.