T084 on a Magnum?

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve searched with some luck but thought I’d come right out and ask, are there any issues with the Sportsmatch TO84’s on Magnums (300WSM)? I have some arriving this week and wanted to double check before going that route. Obviously they are very highly recommended for the “RS special” but curious on a heavier recoiling cartridge. Thanks

Sled

WKR
I haven't had any issues with my magnums. I replaced most all the Talley light weight rings I had with sportsmatch, mostly for the ability to use the factory dovetail. It's great when you don't need to do a complete remount every time work needs to be done on the rifle. Just degrease, use loctite if you wish and torque the recommended inch pounds.

I've had a SWFA 12x on my lightweight 300 WSM shooting 208s at 2900 fps for a couple hundred rounds and coming on four years now. Not a single issue with the Sportsmatch rings, unlike the PRWs they replaced. My favorite optic mount so far.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
They will be fine. They have a recoil lugwhich will keep them from sliding. They are the best scope rings you can get for a tikka.

OP
Smenning

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider
Appreciate all the feed back, nothing trumps real world experience! Fingers crossed there’s enough room for the 5-20 SS HD. FWIW Airguns of AZ was a pleasure to deal with on the rings.

OP
Smenning

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider
I thought I’d share a clearance picture. Fits but barely! Rings are very well built. A797A5F8-6B4E-4B37-BF41-2CBBA2F010A1.jpeg

OP
Smenning

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider
I'm confused. I have a T3 that has a spot for the roll pin. Did the early ones not?
36C7EF48-6D9E-47B1-A103-5D5E3B08A0CA.jpeg
The area is much larger diameter than the roll pin. Didn’t make sense to me to utilize it if it would have slop

OP
Smenning

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider
You push it all the way forward, no slop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s good info! Looks like I should’ve asked some questions first. I need to re mount anyways as I’m having issues with it hitting the windage turret while ejecting cases.

OP
Smenning

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider
F8A2B1AF-3887-4CD3-9881-826F4D407272.jpeg
Thoughts on how to remedy? I can’t move scope far enough back to clear without making contact with objective bell. Higher rings? Rail and higher rings?

View attachment 533666
Thoughts on how to remedy? I can’t move scope far enough back to clear without making contact with objective bell. Higher rings? Rail and higher rings?
I have this same issue with a sightron 30mm and 6.5 saum. I was going to try a scope with capped windage turrets. Of course sightron don’t make a capped turret for the model I have. Idk