T/C Pro Hunter FX

dotman

WKR
Ok so I found a new fx for $400, never fired but the issue is that the butt end of the stock is broken, it moves up and down about a half inch on the receiver/breach. Is this an easy fix or stay away from deal even if I can get the price down more? Also since it is new would t/c warranty this even if it was due to human error?

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
dotman
I just did a little web surfing and that price is good, but for a broken gun, should be even lower. I see them out there for $500 - $600 and there are probably used ones around that aren't broken for half that.

It does look like T/C has a lifetime warranty, though, but technically limited to original owner. You said "new" but I don't know if that means it's never been owned.

This is what I'd do. Give them a call and ask about repairs. Be up front and tell them your purchasing it and if they would stand behind it. If they want a new customer and it won't cost them much to fix it, they may do it. don't forget to add postage as it's getting way up there.

I read a few reviews and sounds like the gun has potential to shoot well and didn't see any complaints about its overall function, except cheap sights. I install peeps on mine, so wouldn't be too worried about the cheap sights.

In all, I'm not afraid to buy used but in the case of this gun, I think $400 might be a little high unless T/C will fix it to new for free and you only have $30 in postage. If you get get the gun for $300 or $350 and get it repaired to new, you proabably did well.

Keep us posted.

Here is T/C's contact info:
Phone: 1-866-730-1614
Email: [email protected]

Here is their warranty, but still best to talk to them as warranties are just lawyer talk and companies go outside of them on occassion to keep customers.
http://www.tcarms.com/customerService/warranty_details.php

OP
D

dotman

WKR
I'll keep you updated, it is 1/250 signed by Jim Shockey (not sure if that matters really) but I will make some calls and see if I can get them to lower the price.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Might have some collectors value in a few years, but I'd still go as low as I can for a broken gun as you are the one taking all the risk. See what T/C says

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Wow, t/c said that they will take care of me if I buy it, that it sounds simple and probably normally wouldn't be covered but that they will handle it if ido decide on it:) to just let my contact know and they will also cover shipping by sending me a prepaid label. Now to work on the price but even if I don't get this one it really puts them at the #1 spot for which smokepole to get.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Great to hear dotman! That is why I always ask the manufacturer. In this economy, they are often willing to do things they might not normally. That can be the easiest way to gain a customer and a very cheap form of advertising. And a pre-paid label! That's 30 smakers right there. Good to hear Thompson Center!

Keep us posted on your quest and if we can help you get the gun set up, let us know. They are a lot of fun, especially if you have the seasons to use them in.