Sold Custom C Sharps 1875 40-65

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgraham1

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SPF

Up for sale is a C. Sharps 1875. I purchased the action from C. Sharps and sent it to gunsmith John King to build. John installed a Badger barrel I provided and chambered it for 40-65. I obtained a gorgeous stock that John used to build a custom pistol grip buttstock and forearm and checkered both in a beautiful pattern. A complete action job was performed, and John did lots of other work. I have the original workorder. Case color on the action and buttplate and all other parts are blued.

Overall length is 44.5” with a 14” pull and 28" barrel. Barrel is 1.075” at the breach and .975 at the muzzle. Tang sight is an Axtell Sharps Mid-Range Transition (elevation and windage adjustable). Front sight is Axtell globe with one insert and clip. No rear barrel sight dovetail was cut. Barrel is stamped like the original Sharps rifles. Weight is around 9 pounds.

There is one small defect on the right side of the buttstock behind the action. It is either a surface crack or scratch, and does not go through the wood. Fancy wood is known for surface cracks but it does look like a scratch to me as it runs across the grain. Rifle has never been fired and has been a safe queen since built in 2018 and is in new condition.

Will sell for $2800, with free shipping, which is less than the parts cost me. No electronic payments or trades and Lay-A-Way is available. An FFL is required, and your dealer must accept from a private individual. Contact me with any questions and thanks for looking.

Jerry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.