Swfa models NLA

JDPAPA

FNG
I noticed this as well. Looking for a decent scope for my Tikka 30.06 and with all of the praises on this site for them I was looking to them over the Leupold but they are out of stock on a lot. This would also give me concerns for long term support and warranty if they would have suitable replacements.

Axlrod

WKR
Hope i'm wrong, but they have been circling the drain for years now. Their profit & loss statements have to be bleak, companies like this usually don't have the wherewithal to introduce new items. At best their communication skills are epically horrible.

ElPollo

WKR
Hope i'm wrong, but they have been circling the drain for years now. Their profit & loss statements have to be bleak, companies like this usually don't have the wherewithal to introduce new items. At best their communication skills are epically horrible.
Agree 100%.

WKR
I've gotten prompt and thoughtful responses from them in any of my communications. I'm actually pretty optimistic we are going to see some good stuff soon. They've probably been pretty tight financially if they are going for a sizeable order of new scopes.

ORJoe

Lil-Rokslider
When I said the drop tests were a guerrilla marketing campaign to help SWFA blow out their inventory of 90s Tasco clones, that was a joke. At the time...

ElPollo

WKR
When I said the drop tests were a guerrilla marketing campaign to help SWFA blow out their inventory of 90s Tasco clones, that was a joke. At the time...
That’s fair except that I believe the drop tests were trying to show that 99% of modern scopes can’t do what the 90s Tasco clones could do. That would suggest the industry have gone backwards. However, I don’t remember Tasco ever making those scopes widely available. I think they were military contract items that were never commercial items.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
That’s fair except that I believe the drop tests were trying to show that 99% of modern scopes can’t do what the 90s Tasco clones could do. That would suggest the industry have gone backwards. However, I don’t remember Tasco ever making those scopes widely available. I think they were military contract items that were never commercial items.

They were available just not real popular.

Fatcamp

WKR
Could it be? 6X, trimmed down elevation turret, capped windage, simplified reticle?

I have my doubts but maybe they paid attention.

ETA: I have no idea why I do this to myself, just a dreamer I guess.

JJ77ply1

FNG
Could it be? 6X, trimmed down elevation turret, capped windage, simplified reticle?

I have my doubts but maybe they paid attention.
I don't know, that elevation turret looks kinda tall... I can read that it's the 10x42 on the objective.

JJ77ply1

FNG
It's ugly, but I adjusted the exposure a little bit to show more of the details. You can see how the engraving is different on the rear and on the parallax ring. Not sure why there's no elevation engraving... Let the speculation abound!

Attachments

• hero_product-launch_teaser(high_exposure).png
    hero_product-launch_teaser(high_exposure).png
    1.2 MB · Views: 130
boxing up my broken 6x to send back now... let's hope the new model is a worthy replacement