Swarovski vs Kowa warranty comparison

OP
Alaskan89

Alaskan89

Lil-Rokslider
I need something bigger than that as most of the hunting I do is for moose, caribou and bear. I only hunt sheep every couple of years and even then weight is not an issue. I have no problem packing a scope the size of the 884, I packed a Nightforce TS80 on my last sheep hunt if that tells you anything. lol

Reactions: WRM

tdhanses

WKR
I need something bigger than that as most of the hunting I do is for moose, caribou and bear. I only hunt sheep every couple of years and even then weight is not an issue. I have no problem packing a scope the size of the 884, I packed a Nightforce TS80 on my last sheep hunt if that tells you anything. lol
I have the 55 and 77, the 55 would work great for bear, deer etc but i’d want a 77 or 88 for sheep and goat.

OP
Alaskan89

Alaskan89

Lil-Rokslider
I do a lot of glassing for moose in Sept from our camp, usually anywhere from 1/2 to 2-3 miles out, sometimes even further. I need something that will help me identify a legal bull, 4 brow tines/50" or bigger or spike fork and a lot of times in low light conditions, that is where the spotter will get used the most. One of my buddies has an older Swarovski spotter and it's phenomenal glass and that is the main reason I am looking for a new spotter. I've already got the tripod I need to hold that bigger scope too.

Reactions: WRM
I own both. Kowa 884 has been awesome, have not needed CS.
Swaro binos are my choice. I've had a couple set of eyecups replaced for free over the years. Always a pleasure to deal with.
I recommend swaro binos and the big kowa for a spotter.

OP
Alaskan89

Alaskan89

Lil-Rokslider
I own both. Kowa 884 has been awesome, have not needed CS.
Swaro binos are my choice. I've had a couple set of eyecups replaced for free over the years. Always a pleasure to deal with.
I recommend swaro binos and the big kowa for a spotter.
I've got the Swaro binoculars already and leaning heavily towards the 884.

MattB355

Lil-Rokslider
You can't go wrong with Kowa or Swaro spotters. The preference will be around the modular ability of the Swaro and the focus. I prefer the focus and fine focus on the Kowa so I went with the Kowa. The image is amazing on my 883. If you can try both you will quickly find what you prefer as far as image and use.

Brooks

WKR
Never owned a Kowa but I’ve owned Swarovski for around 25 years, binos and spotter. Every time (twice) I’ve had to send them back for one thing they have gone completely through them and they have come back in new condition with a detailed work sheet attached. o cost so far.