Swarovski to release 14x NL’s

Axlrod

WKR
Question for the folks that run the head-rest attachment on their NLs-do you find that it really helps image stability when hand-holding?
Reason I ask is that I have the EL 10x50 which I love but have trouble holding steady for any length of time?
I have the 12x NL's. The only time I use the headrest, is archery whitetail from platform tree stands. These are large enough to walk around on, with 360* visibility. It is constant glassing, and the headrest helps a lot.
I take the headrest off for most other hunting, as I use a trekking pole, a tripod, my pack, or the stabilizer on my bow when I need a more solid rest.
The NL's are 5oz lighter than the 10x50 EL's.

Fritz D

FNG
I have the 12x NL's. The only time I use the headrest, is archery whitetail from platform tree stands. These are large enough to walk around on, with 360* visibility. It is constant glassing, and the headrest helps a lot.
I take the headrest off for most other hunting, as I use a trekking pole, a tripod, my pack, or the stabilizer on my bow when I need a more solid rest.
The NL's are 5oz lighter than the 10x50 EL's.

Axlrod,
Good info.
Appreciated!

Question for the folks that run the head-rest attachment on their NLs-do you find that it really helps image stability when hand-holding?
Reason I ask is that I have the EL 10x50 which I love but have trouble holding steady for any length of time?

Yes, so much so I broke them when I laid on my bino harness last year shooting a bear. I tried to use the 10x42 NL freehand for two weeks and it just wasn't the same image. I got a new headrest immediately. I think it's one of those things if you don't use them for some amount of time you don't know what you're missing. I do always take the headrest off glassing and put them in my pouch. Don't make the same mistake and put them inside the bottom of the bino harness, I scratched an objective pretty bad.

Looking forward to the 14x52

I'm really excited to try them for quick verifications with a heavy priority on glassing stones and a few spots with hidden timber goats.

Last edited:
With the exit pupil at 3.61 they're effectively going to be 14.4x mag binos, should be sick. Not sure if the 14.7 from Outdoorsmans is correct.

With the ergonomics, field of view, weight reduction, and forehead rest I'm intrigued with how manageable they are to hand-hold. Use cases are to have them on the chest and to check areas while on the move to the next glassing point.

HvyBeams

Lil-Rokslider
Dang very cool.
I’m stuck though because I love my Leica Geovids on the chest and can’t part with my 15x56’s as I love those too. The only thing that slightly makes sense is swapping the SLCs for the 14’s. Will probably wait for more field testing before making a decision lol
I pulled the trigger on the 14 and will carry my Leica Geovids on the chest. I think the clarity of the NL will be worth it over the SLC. Will it be worth the price difference? Guess I will find out.

huntsd

WKR
I would like to know the percentage gain in spotting animals with the below vs each other because its probably marginal and hunt dependent:

Option 1. Rangefinding binos + NL 14s
Option 2. NL 12s + lightweight spotter
Option 3. High end 8s or 10s (or Zulu 6s) + SLC 15s.
Nl 12s + BTX/ Lightweight bigeyes !

Now if swaro would have cam out with nl 20s that would be a different story

Sadler

WKR
I think Swaro have their own stud and attachment already. But I use all outdoorsmans adapters. They should have there’s in August.

But I have a universal Velcro bungee strap bino holder I can just use for the time being.
Gotcha. I’m set up with all their stuff too. It’s pretty hard to beat that system but I like having options.