Sold Swarovski PH 2.5-10x56mm FFP Scope w/ Plex Reticle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramblin99

WKR
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Selling a Swaro Professional Hunter series scope in 2.5-10x56mm format. The plex reticle is in the first focal plane (reticle gets bigger as magnification increases). The glass is spotless. 30mm main tube diameter. Weighs 19.5 ounces. 1cm clicks. Tracks perfectly and performed well on my 35 Whelen. It has some light ring marks on the sides where the ring halves joined, and your rings will probably cover them. Includes a set of Swarovski clear banded lens covers. This is an excellent lowlight scope with awesome clarity, big 56mm objective, and a reticle you can see well in low light conditions. There are no disappointments with this fine Swarovski scope. The only reason I'm selling is downsizing on rifles and scopes.

For those of you not familiar with the PH line of Swarovski scopes, below is some information from a moderator over at Optics Talk.

The PH series (also called "PV" series) was Swarovski's premium 30mm variable scope line until they introduced the Z6 series. For many years, the typical flagship 30mm European scope had 4:1 zoom ratio (for example 1-4X, 2.5-10X, 3-12X, etc.). The Swaro PH series is an example of 4:1 zoom. When Swaro introduced the Z6 and later the Z5, they discontinued the PH series and changed the name of their AV series to "Z3" to fit their marketing strategy of giving the consumer a choice of 3:1, 5:1, and 6:1 zoom ratio. The current trend in rifle scopes is toward 5:1, 6:1, 6.5:1, and even higher zoom ratios. Zeiss just introduced the V8 series with 8:1 zoom, and March has 10:1 zoom scopes. Given the high zoom trend, the PH series represented dated technology and no longer had a legitimate niche in the Swaro lineup with the presence of the Z5 and Z6.

Despite the PH's "unimpressive" 4:1 zoom, it still has cutting edge optics comparable to Swaro's newest scopes. It just lacks zoom range, and (in illuminated models) Swaro's latest illumination technology.

So this PH is essentially the same optically as the Z6 series. Just doesn't have the 6x zoom ratio and other goodies, but is the optical equivalent. $875 shipped, and that’s a LOT of optical quality and performance per dollar. Write to me if you have questions. Thanks for looking!

Keith

IMG_7109.jpgIMG_7111.jpgIMG_7112.jpgIMG_7110.jpgIMG_7114.jpgIMG_7115.jpgIMG_7116.jpgIMG_7118.jpgIMG_3057.jpgIMG_3090.jpg

crgchck

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
These are great scopes… with the Ffl plex reticleand the 56mm objective, it is an amazing low light hunting scope.. I sold mine last year and if I didn’t have the same one illuminated, I’d be all over it.

OP
R

Ramblin99

WKR
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Still available. Swaro Z6 quality glass at a Z3 price. If you hunt in low light situations, you need this scope!

$800 shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.