Swarovski EL Ranges 8x42's came in today.

Mojave

WKR
Three things strike me after an hour of messing with them:

1. Yes they are pure sex for the eyes.

2. The LRF is not as intuitive as using a straight LRF unit.

3. The strap system pisses me off. I had zero intention of ever using the strap system or I would be pissed.

What isn’t intuitive about the LRF? They all work the same, you put the spot you range in the reticle, press the button, and get your range. That’s all there is so it. The ballistic app isn’t as intuitive as AB if that’s what you’re talking about, but that’s not to do with the LRF itself.

The strap that comes with them and the pures does suck but I don’t use them. I use Marsupial, Rick Young, and the FSB on my pures and will do the same for the EL TA’s. The strap that came with my EL 8.5’s is much better and doesn’t twist up like the comfort strap.

Ive only had mine for a week but so far I’m happy with them. The glass gives up nothing to my EL’s and NL’s which is huge for a LRF.

Attachments

• IMG_0035.jpeg
    IMG_0035.jpeg
    370.4 KB · Views: 63
OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR
Yes the app id my problem. I want to have a situation where I can have 15 or 20 rifles in the data bank. I also want more control over what I see. I only want to be able to see shoot too range and dial ups. You know 300 yard shot on the lateral I don’t want to see the fact that it’s 420 yards away on the hypotenuse. Then see 2.6 mils.

Yes the app id my problem. I want to have a situation where I can have 15 or 20 rifles in the data bank. I also want more control over what I see. I only want to be able to see shoot too range and dial ups. You know 300 yard shot on the lateral I don’t want to see the fact that it’s 420 yards away on the hypotenuse. Then see 2.6 mils.

They all flash that data, even the AB stuff. I like that the Swaros let you store 3 profiles in them without having to Bluetooth, Leicas are one at a time then connect your phone to swap.

The perfect BLRF doesn’t exist yet.

OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR
So almost all of my scopes are 34mm MIL/MIL.

But I have a couple of V8 Zeiss that are 2nd focal cm. I would get rid of them, but they are best optical devices I own.

How do I change that, is it in the app or in the binocular?

So almost all of my scopes are 34mm MIL/MIL.

But I have a couple of V8 Zeiss that are 2nd focal cm. I would get rid of them, but they are best optical devices I own.

How do I change that, is it in the app or in the binocular?
What do you mean? 0.1 cm @ 100 m is 0.1 mil...

OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR
Ok figured it out. The app sucks. But at least it will do what I want it to do.

That’s there hitch to the ballistic app. Just pick a scope that has 1cm adjustments to do your profile and you’re good.

OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR
Ziess list the measurement as CM not .1 Mils. I had not thought about the conversion.

I picked the Swaro Z8 that closely matches the mag range of my Ziess V8 of 1.7-14.5. It probably doesn't matter.

I am really only seriously shooting 3 cartridges, so I guess that is what really matters. I doubt they will come up with a software upgrade, but I have sent an email asking for that.